6 films for seniors that will lift their mood: list by one of the leading retirement homes in Kanchipuram
April 16, 2022
Categories : Positive Ageing
For many seniors, watching movies with friends or family is a great way to bond as well as unwind. A light-hearted movie can leave seniors with feelings of happiness, joy, gratitude, and comfort. As one of the leading retirement homes in Kanchipuram, we have curated a list of 6 films that seniors can watch to lift their spirits:
- The Intern (English): This comedy-drama is about a 70-year-old widower who applies for a position of an intern at an online fashion start-up. During the internship, he not only forms an unlikely friendship with the company’s workaholic CEO, but he also becomes a father figure to several of the younger workers.
- Kapoor & Sons (Hindi): Though the film revolves around the two estranged brothers who return home to visit their ill grandfather, it is the ailing grandfather who steals the show with his joie de vivre attitude. The grandfather’s dying wish is to have his children and grandchildren take a family picture together. What looks like an easy task becomes difficult as familial conflicts mar the plans.
- Saand ki Aankh ((Hindi): The film is based on the lives of Chandro and Prakashi Tomar who started learning to shoot when they were in their 60s and became national champions. The inspiring film shows that age should not stop anyone from doing what they want to do.
- Do Dooni Char (Hindi): The film is about a middle-class schoolteacher who wants to keep his wife and kids happy. The family dreams of buying a car but does not have enough money. One day they borrow their neighbour’s car to attend a wedding. However, at the time of returning the car, the teacher’s daughter reverses the car into the wall, and this leads to a fight between the neighbours. The schoolteacher, in a rage, vows to buy a car in 15 days. From thereon, starts the family’s quest to buy a car. This heart-warming comedy is about life, family, and the pursuit of dreams.
- Dakini (Malayalam): It is a brilliant comedy film that has four senior women actors. The film revolves around their friendship and the struggles of their daily lives. The main protagonists are all seniors but that is where the similarities end. Each has their own distinct traits that makes this film fun to watch.
- KD (Tamil): The film revolves around 80-year-old Karuppu Durai (KD) who runs away from home when he finds his family plans to kill him as he is ailing. However, somehow one day he manages to escape and forms an uncanny friendship with an 8-year-old boy. The film emphasises the friendship between the two and sends out a strong message of positive ageing and finding one’s inner child.
Looking for retirement homes in Kanchipuram that promote positive ageing?
Spread over 18 acres of land, our retirement home in Kanchipuram is away from the hustle and bustle of the hectic city life. Access to an array of services makes daily life comfortable and enjoyable. From customised housekeeping and laundry services to dining facilities and concierge services, our in-house team ensures that you enjoy a lifestyle designed to enrich the next chapter in your retirement life. To know the cost of living in a retirement home, call us at +91 8884555554.