Why Trust Us?
Our founder, Dan Baty, has spent over 45 years in the healthcare and senior care business and is considered a pioneer in the
industry. He has previously led two very successful ventures, Holiday Retirement and Emeritus Senior Living in the USA.
Over the years, tens of thousands of people have been employed by CPM's portfolio companies.
Vision, mission and philosophy
- CPM is a developer and operator of healthcare and senior care, focused on Asia, India, and Africa. We improve lives in the communities we serve by identifying emergent needs and developing innovative business models based on international practices. We spot opportunities early; then shape the industry.
- CPM believes three major trends are encouraging the growth of private health and senior care in the Asia-Pacific region:
- Rapidly growing middle class;
- Changing disease burdens, from communicable (e.g. malaria) to non-communicable/chronic (e.g. heart disease);
- Changing work and living patterns, viz. the rise of the ‘nuclear family’ and the gradual decline of multi-generational households;
- Finally, we understand that committed capital is necessary to invest in long-term trends, especially in the healthcare sector.
History and the trajectory of the company
- CPM was founded in 1989 by Seattle-based entrepreneur Daniel R. Baty. Over a forty-year career, Dan has built multiple, sector-leading companies in the senior housing business, including Emeritus, Hillhaven and Holiday Retirement, which led the industry for decades and set the tone for senior living worldwide. Today, our international healthcare portfolio blends value for partners, patients/residents and the communities it serves. CPM oversees a network of modern hospitals and senior facilities that attract the finest healthcare professionals in the world. Our hospitals and communities are located where more than half of the world’s population lives.
OUR PORTFOLIO COMPANIES INCLUDE:
- Cascade (a.k.a. “Kaijian”) Senior Care (China)
- Columbia China Hospitals and Clinics (China)
- Columbia Pacific Communities Pvt Ltd (India)
- Remote Medical International (USA – operates worldwide)