Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
Categories : Senior Living
After retirement, seniors have the time and freedom to set out on trips without any restrictions. This is the perfect opportunity to explore various parts of India. As one of the leading senior living communities in India, we share some of the most vibrant and interesting travel destinations for seniors.
1. Udaipur: Known as the City of Lakes, Udaipur in Rajasthan is a perfect destination for seniors seeking tranquillity and a regal atmosphere. Attractions such as City Palace and Saheliyon Ki Bari can transport seniors back in time. In addition to these scenic locations, seniors can enjoy a calming boat ride on Lake Pichola. They can also choose to explore the various markets in the city and discover the incredible Rajasthani handicrafts on display.
2. Rishikesh: Located at the foothills of the Himalayas, Rishikesh holds immense value for spiritual travellers. Seniors can immerse themselves in the serene atmosphere near the Ganges River. The location also hosts several yoga and meditation retreats, which seniors can attend. Another favourite activity for seniors here is attending the evening Ganga Aarti. They can also visit Vashishta Gufa, Ram Jhula, The Beatles Ashram, and Lakshman Jhula Bridge.
3. Darjeeling: Darjeeling is a beautiful hill station that overlooks Kanchenjunga. Seniors can enjoy the view of the snow-capped mountain from here or visit nearby places such as Lepchajagat or Mirik. The Mall Road in Darjeeling offers plenty of shopping opportunities and eateries serving local dishes. Seniors can buy the world-famous Darjeeling teas or pick up other trinkets from the markets. They can also take a ride on the toy train, which offers interesting views of the valleys along its route.
4. Coimbatore: Coimbatore has incredible weather and a rich cultural heritage— all aspects that seniors tend to enjoy. The city is home to several sites that display its rich cultural heritage. For instance, seniors can visit the numerous temples such as Eachanari Vinayagar Temple, Palamalai Ranganathar Temple, and Ramar Temple Coimbatore and appreciate the architecture.
5. Varanasi: Seniors often visit Varanasi to answer a spiritual calling. During the trip, they can witness the mesmerising Ganga Aarti and opt for a boat ride to get a closer glimpse of the morning rituals. Besides this, exploring the various temples and learning about the city’s centuries-old history offer exciting opportunities for seniors.
6. Manali: Manali, a picturesque Himalayan resort town in Himachal Pradesh, offers numerous attractions for seniors. The Hadimba Temple showcases exquisite wooden architecture and provides a peaceful atmosphere. Seniors can also consider a drive to Solang Valley to enjoy the scenic beauty. Also, they can opt for a gentle trek to Jogini Waterfalls or a visit to Nehru Kund. Other attractions include the Manu Temple and Manali Gompa.
Living in retirement homes can offer seniors the freedom and support they need to travel extensively. Leading senior living communities often provide a range of services that make it easier for seniors to explore new places, both locally and internationally.
Looking for retirement homes in Coimbatore?
Explore our senior living communities. Our senior homes in Coimbatore offer a range of services and amenities to help you enjoy a worry-free lifestyle. To know more, call us at +91 8884555554.