A List of Memory-Boosting Spices and Herbs
July 8, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
- Turmeric: A frequently used herb in Indian kitchens, turmeric can boost mental health. In fact, animal research studies show that turmeric may even stave off Alzheimer’s disease. It has been found that curcumin in turmeric can help curb inflammation and fight oxidative stress – factors that may cause Alzheimer’s disease. In Indian curries, turmeric is a major ingredient. You can also add turmeric in smoothies to get more curcumin in your diet.
- Amla: Primarily known for its immunity building properties, amla can also improve concentration and memory power. The phytonutrients and antioxidants in amla fight against the free radicals that are responsible for the functional decline in aged brains.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has been traditionally used in Ayurvedic medicine to improve brain function, boost memory in people suffering from early stages of memory loss, and prevent the damage of brain cells. Studies have found that ashwagandha promotes antioxidant activity which prevents the nerve cells from damage due to free radicals.
- Ginseng: It is an adaptogen that helps you cope with the effects of stress. Some studies have shown that the components in ginseng can protect the brain against damage due to free radicals. It also improves mental performance and has mood-boosting properties.
In addition to including herbs and spices in your diet, there are different ways to improve your brain health. You can start following a brain-healthy lifestyle that includes performing targeted brain exercises to increase your brain function, improve focus, and boost your memory. To find out the average monthly cost of staying in one of our retirement homes, call us at +91 8884555554.
FAQs on recreational facilities in senior living communities
December 4, 2023
Beach destinations near Bangalore: Useful list for seniors living in retirement homes in Bangalore
December 3, 2023
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore