How to make kindness a habit?
May 25, 2022
Categories : Positive Ageing
“Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.” – Lady Diana, Princess of Wales
When you are kind to others, not only are you spreading positivity in their lives, but also helping yourself develop a more positive attitude and be happy in life. According to a study, when a group of students were assigned to participate in random acts of kindness, their levels of happiness increased by many folds. Though making the conscious decision to make kindness a habit may seem a bit difficult at first, with time it can become a part of your daily routine.
As one of the leading retirement homes in India that promote positive ageing, we share with you a few tips to make kindness a habit:
- Know what kindness means to you:
- Start with random acts of kindness:
- Spread kindness through a warm smile:
Kindness can mean different things to different people. For some, kindness could be accepting others as they are whereas for some it may mean being thoughtful of the needs and feelings of others. Understanding kindness can make it easy to practice.
You can take little steps every day to ensure that you are being kind every single day. It could be something as simple as complimenting a friend or leaving the door for the person behind you. The words may seem insignificant but they can make someone’s day.
One of the easiest things to do is — smile. Make a conscious effort to smile. Practice smiling at familiar faces and experience positivity. The more you practise smiling, the more it will become a natural reaction rather than a conscious act. It has been found that people who are cheerful have better social relationships as smiling faces communicate an invitation to interact.
Looking for premium retirement homes that help seniors embrace positive ageing?
At our senior citizen homes in India, we encourage our residents to embrace the positives of ageing. By taking care of daily chores and maintenance, we help our residents enjoy their retirement life as they want to. To know more about our retirement homes, call us at +91 8884555554 or book a virtual tour.
Relavent tags : Positive ageing
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 6 films for seniors that will lift their mood: list by one of the leading retirement homes in Kanchipuram
- Common ageist stereotypes that seniors face: useful insights by one of the leading independent retirement communities
- Common Causes for insomnia in seniors: useful insights by one of the best senior citizen homes in Chennai
- Embracing positive ageing? Here are some books on personal growth that you must read
- Exercises that promote positive ageing