Exercises that promote positive ageing
April 5, 2022
Categories : Positive Ageing
The physiological changes associated with ageing are inevitable. However, leading a physically active lifestyle can help seniors stay looking and feeling young. Regular exercise not only helps seniors gain improved balance and gait but also keeps them feeling energised. It is important to include different physical activities in your regimen to improve:
- Strength exercises: With age, there is loss of bone and muscle mass which leads to decreased strength. This increases the risk of fractures. Strength training exercises make the muscles work harder than usual – which increases muscle strength. Also, it has been found that strength training ensures better limb control, thus reducing the risk of falls. Some of the best muscle-strengthening activities are lifting weights, trekking, cycling, push-ups, sit-ups, and high-intensity yoga. Seniors who are not familiar with these forms of exercises must seek guidance from a trainer to avoid sore muscles and injuries.
- Flexibility exercises: Ageing can cause changes in soft tissue which can reduce flexibility and contribute to osteoarthritis. Incorporating exercises that promote flexibility is good for seniors as it helps the body to gain proper gait and balance. Yoga, aerobics, swimming, and cycling are some of the best exercises that help seniors improve flexibility.
- Balance exercises:The cartilage in the joints decreases with age, leading to poor balance. This can be a cause of falls among seniors. Working on balance can reduce the risk of falls. Yoga, pilates, and Tai chi are low-impact exercises that help seniors gain better balance.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 6 films for seniors that will lift their mood: list by one of the leading retirement homes in Kanchipuram
- Common ageist stereotypes that seniors face: useful insights by one of the leading independent retirement communities
- Common Causes for insomnia in seniors: useful insights by one of the best senior citizen homes in Chennai
- Embracing positive ageing? Here are some books on personal growth that you must read
- Exercises that promote positive ageing
As one of the leading senior living homes in Coimbatore, we share a few exercises that promote positive ageing and improve different aspects of physical fitness:
Looking for senior citizen retirement homes in Coimbatore that promote positive ageing?
Our senior living homes in Coimbatore are ideal for independent seniors who wish to age gracefully. Our senior citizen retirement homes in Coimbatore have all the amenities and opportunities to help seniors not just stay physically active but also find new passions and make new friends. Call us at +91 8884555554 to know more about our services and facilities.
Relavent tags : Positive ageing | senior citizen retirement homes in Coimbatore | senior living homes in Coimbatore
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023