How to Prepare for Your Annual Health Check-Up? Useful Insights Curated by One of the Leading Senior Citizen Homes in India
November 24, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
As people age, they are more likely to suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, high triglycerides, and diabetes. For many diseases, there are no noticeable symptoms in the early stages. Therefore, an annual health check-up is important for early detection, which can increase the chances of treatment and recovery. The best way to make the most of your annual health check-up is to prepare for it. As one of the leading senior citizen homes in India, we share with you some useful insights on preparing for an annual health check-up:
- Schedule your appointment by phone or online. While scheduling an appointment, ask whether the tests require you to be on fast.
- If you have questions or concerns, write them down so that you do not forget to ask them when you meet the doctor.
- Be prepared to answer questions about your medical history and your family’s medical history.
- Bring a friend or relative along so that he or she can help you with the formalities.
- Bring a list of your current medications and dosages and the dates of your recent vaccinations.
- If you were admitted to a hospital, bring the discharge summary with you.
- Share your eating habits, sleep patterns, and other important lifestyle-related matters.
- Tell the doctor if you have experienced any recent changes in your health that may or may not have required medications.
- Be honest and open about your health concerns even if you think they are trivial or embarrassing. Painful bowel movements, constipation, or incontinence can be signs of serious medical conditions.
- Ask the doctor to repeat himself or herself if you do not understand. It is best to ask your questions right away to avoid confusion later.
- If you are visiting a hospital during the COVID-19 pandemic, follow all the safety protocols such as wearing a mask, using sanitiser and maintaining social distance.
At our senior citizen homes in India, we conduct regular health screenings and medical records are always kept up to date as we prioritise the health of our residents. In addition to health screenings and periodic wellness workshops, awareness lectures are also held. We have also partnered with nearby hospitals to ensure round-the-clock care. If you are looking for independent senior citizen apartments, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : independent senior citizen apartments | senior citizen homes in India