How to reset your mind to improve your overall well-being?
May 23, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
- Calm your mind: When your thoughts are all over the place, it can be difficult to focus. Dedicate 5 minutes of your day to settle your mind by taking deep breaths. Deep breathing exercises have positive effects on psychological well-being. Starting your day with breathing exercises helps you remain calm throughout the day. Besides breathing exercise, taking a walk in nature and yoga are a few great ways to calm your mind.
- Declutter your mind for clarity: Knowing your priorities can help you feel less anxious. One of the best ways to declutter your mind is to plan your days ahead. Preparing ahead of time ensures that you have a calmer morning because you know how your day looks. Another way to clear your mind is to write down your thoughts and worries.
- Develop self-compassion: There are times when you find yourself comparing to others, striving too hard to be perfect and doubting your capabilities. Doing this only works against you. Be gentle and kind to yourself and accept that you are not perfect. With every mistake you make, there is potential for learning. Turn your inner critic into a supporter by developing a positive attitude towards yourself.
- Get moving: When you exercise daily, you feel that you are becoming a better version of yourself. Regular exercise gives you a dose of feel-good endorphins. Walking, yoga, aerobics, and swimming are not just good for staying fit, they also bring clarity to your thoughts and help you feel accomplished.
- Practise meditation: Every day, your mind deals with information overload that contributes to stress. By meditating, you can clear your mind, reduce negative emotions and gain a new perspective.
What is healthy selfishness and how can seniors cultivate it? Useful insights by one of the best-gated community villas in Coimbatore
January 26, 2023
How seniors can ring in the New Year with healthy dishes: recipes curated by premium retirement homes in Bangalore
January 25, 2023
How seniors can keep their spirits up when holidays end: useful insights by one of the best retirement homes in Bangalore
January 24, 2023