Tips for seniors on maintaining healthy cholesterol levels
February 10, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Seniors suffering from high blood cholesterol levels are at a higher risk of suffering from cardiovascular diseases or a stroke. As one of the best senior citizen homes in India, we share a few lifestyle changes that can help seniors maintain healthy cholesterol levels:
- Exercise regularly:Seniors with elevated cholesterol levels must stay physically active. Jogging, swimming, cycling, and playing tennis are excellent exercises that can increase HDL levels(the good cholesterol) and lower LDL levels (the bad cholesterol). Increasing daily physical activity – be it doing chores around the house or walking while talking on the phone – can also help lower the bad cholesterol levels.
- The importance of diet: Having a heart-healthy diet offers many benefits such as lowered cholesterol and blood pressure levels. To get sufficient vitamins, minerals, and fibre, seniors must eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and consumer fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products. They should avoid sugary beverages, salt-laden snacks, and saturated fats such as oil, butter, cheese, and red meat. They can cook vegetables in broth and herbs instead of frying them in oil. Also, they must have almonds, walnuts, and fatty fish that are rich in Omega-3 acids. Before making any changes to their diet, seniors must consult their physicians.
- Moderation in alcohol: Heavy drinking can raise the risk of heart attacks and strokes. Seniors must set a moderate limit and stick to it. Also, they must drink slowly and try to have plain water between drinks.
At our senior citizen homes in India, we conduct routine medical check-ups and ensure that the healthcare needs of our residents are met. We maintain updated medical records of our residents to help them with their diet and wellness plans. At our community dining halls, delicious and nutritious home-style meals are served. All efforts are taken to ensure the food is hygienically prepared and that they meet the nutritional needs of our residents. All our senior citizen homes in India have fully equipped gyms, indoor game rooms, and open green spaces so that our residents can stay physically active and enjoy their golden years to the fullest. To know more about our senior citizen homes, call us at +9188845 55554.
Relavent tags : best senior citizen homes in India | senior citizen homes in India
Tips for planning a safe and comfortable camping trip for seniors in India: useful insights by one of the leading retirement communities in India
May 29, 2023
How to use gratitude to cope with grief and loss in later life? Tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
May 28, 2023
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore