Useful insights on blue light by one of the leading retirement homes in Puducherry
June 6, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Different wavelengths of light appear differently to the eyes. Shorter wavelengths are blue or violet, and longer wavelengths appear red. These days, blue light is often talked about in the mainstream media as exposure to artificial blue light has gone up dramatically because of the widespread use of electronic devices. Should you be worried about artificial blue light? To know the answer, read the following useful insights on blue light curated by one of the leading retirement homes in Puducherry:
1. Common sources of blue light include: Sunlight is the main source of blue light. Natural blue light is beneficial during the day as it boosts attention, reaction times, and mood. Common sources of artificial blue light are:
- Fluorescent lights
- LED lights
- Computer screens
- Video games
- dry eyes
- sore or irritated eyes
- tired eyes
- Reduce screen time: Take regular screen breaks.
- Stop using electronic devices before bedtime: Set an alarm that reminds you to turn off electronic devices 2 to 3 hours before bedtime.
- Get new glasses: Computer glasses with special lenses can lower blue light exposure. They can filter blue light and reduce digital eye strain.
- Use a filter. Add a screen filter to your smartphone, tablet, and computer.
2. Blue light can affect the eyes: Often many people experience discomfort after staring at digital screens for hours. Blue light can be one of the reasons behind the digital eye strain. It has been found that when people use digital devices, they tend to blink less. Fewer blinks can mean less moisture. This may cause:
3. Blue light suppresses sleep-inducing hormones: At night, blue light tricks the brain into thinking that it is still daytime, disrupting circadian rhythm. This leads to fragmented sleep.
4. Reducing blue light exposure: Here are some tips to reduce blue light exposure and protect your eyes:
Looking for retirement homes in Puducherry that promote positive ageing?
If you live in Puducherry and are searching online with phrases such as ‘gated communities for 55+ near me’ or ‘retirement homes near me’, explore our senior living communities. Beautiful lakes and greenery surround the retirement homes. Trained in-house 24X7 staff takes care of everything from daily meals to maintenance so that residents enjoy their golden years to the fullest. To know the retirement home monthly cost, call us at +918884555554.
Relavent tags : Gated 55+ communities near me | retirement home monthly cost | Retirement homes in Puducherry
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore