6 Ways Seniors Can Burn Calories: Tips by One of The Leading Senior Citizen Homes in Chennai
July 7, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
- Start your day right: Workouts are a great way to give your mornings an energy boost. There are many short (7 to 10 minutes) workouts that will help wake up your body and mind. As soon as you get up, doing a few yoga poses or doing 15 push-ups will help you start your day on an active note.
- Take walking breaks: Try to get up and go for short walks multiple times a day. The best part is you can do it any time, even inside your home. Whenever you find yourself sitting for too long, you can take a short walk.
- Walk whenever you can: Whenever possible, give your car a break and incorporate short walks into your daily routine. You can also park far away from your destination so that you get to add a few extra steps to your errand.
- Use a standing desk: If you find yourself sitting for long hours, use a standing desk. When you stand, you burn more calories than you do while sitting. Spending more time on your feet also reduces back pain associated with sitting.
- Practise water aerobics: Water aerobics is a great way to burn calories for seniors. The gentle resistance from the water helps build strength and increase muscle mass. It also helps you gain better balance and reduce your risk of falls.
- End your day right: Exercising before you hit the bed can help you fall asleep faster and burn a few extra calories. Go for a walk after dinner or do some gentle yoga poses.
15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
July 18, 2021
Benefits of Fitness Trackers for Seniors
July 17, 2021
How to Get Back to Exercising after 60? Useful Insights from One of the Leading Retirement Homes in Chennai
July 16, 2021