6 Ways Seniors Can Burn Calories: Tips by One of The Leading Senior Citizen Homes in Chennai
July 7, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Maintaining a healthy weight is important at any age, especially in the later years of your life. Burning calories is key for keeping your weight in control. In addition to following a dedicated workout plan, here are 6 ways you can squeeze more activity into your day and burn calories:
- Start your day right: Workouts are a great way to give your mornings an energy boost. There are many short (7 to 10 minutes) workouts that will help wake up your body and mind. As soon as you get up, doing a few yoga poses or doing 15 push-ups will help you start your day on an active note.
- Take walking breaks: Try to get up and go for short walks multiple times a day. The best part is you can do it any time, even inside your home. Whenever you find yourself sitting for too long, you can take a short walk.
- Walk whenever you can: Whenever possible, give your car a break and incorporate short walks into your daily routine. You can also park far away from your destination so that you get to add a few extra steps to your errand.
- Use a standing desk: If you find yourself sitting for long hours, use a standing desk. When you stand, you burn more calories than you do while sitting. Spending more time on your feet also reduces back pain associated with sitting.
- Practise water aerobics: Water aerobics is a great way to burn calories for seniors. The gentle resistance from the water helps build strength and increase muscle mass. It also helps you gain better balance and reduce your risk of falls.
- End your day right: Exercising before you hit the bed can help you fall asleep faster and burn a few extra calories. Go for a walk after dinner or do some gentle yoga poses.
At our senior citizen homes in Chennai, there are facilities available for our residents to lead an active lifestyle. From fully equipped gyms to clubhouses with indoor games facilities, we promote a retirement life that is physically active and socially engaging. If you are looking for senior citizen homes and wish to know the monthly cost of our apartments, call us at +91 8884555554.
How to make kindness a habit?
May 25, 2022
How can seniors lift their spirits when they are feeling stuck? Check these useful insights by one of the premium retirement homes for NRIs
May 24, 2022
Gut-friendly recipes for seniors curated by one of the best gated community villas in Coimbatore
May 22, 2022