6 Ways Seniors Can Burn Calories: Tips by One of The Leading Senior Citizen Homes in Chennai
July 7, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
- Start your day right: Workouts are a great way to give your mornings an energy boost. There are many short (7 to 10 minutes) workouts that will help wake up your body and mind. As soon as you get up, doing a few yoga poses or doing 15 push-ups will help you start your day on an active note.
- Take walking breaks: Try to get up and go for short walks multiple times a day. The best part is you can do it any time, even inside your home. Whenever you find yourself sitting for too long, you can take a short walk.
- Walk whenever you can: Whenever possible, give your car a break and incorporate short walks into your daily routine. You can also park far away from your destination so that you get to add a few extra steps to your errand.
- Use a standing desk: If you find yourself sitting for long hours, use a standing desk. When you stand, you burn more calories than you do while sitting. Spending more time on your feet also reduces back pain associated with sitting.
- Practise water aerobics: Water aerobics is a great way to burn calories for seniors. The gentle resistance from the water helps build strength and increase muscle mass. It also helps you gain better balance and reduce your risk of falls.
- End your day right: Exercising before you hit the bed can help you fall asleep faster and burn a few extra calories. Go for a walk after dinner or do some gentle yoga poses.
Rising demand for retirement homes amongst NRIs: a growing trend in senior living
September 26, 2023
Hill stations near Bangalore that seniors can consider visiting. List curated by one of the best retirement homes in Bangalore
September 25, 2023
Financial considerations for NRIs: making informed choices for retirement homes
September 22, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore