How to Get Back to Exercising after 60? Useful Insights from One of the Leading Retirement Homes in Chennai
July 16, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Here are some useful insights on getting back to exercising after 60 curated by one of the leading retirement homes in Chennai:
- Consult a doctor: Before you start any new exercise regime, it is important to consult your doctor, especially if you have not been exercising for a while. Your doctor will check your fitness level or if you have any medical conditions that may need you to avoid certain exercises.
- Do not let negative emotions hold you back: If you have never exercised or have not done it for a long time, it can be challenging at first. Do not let negative thoughts stop you. Remember, exercising is good for your mental and your overall health.
- Find something you love: Doing physical activities that you love can make it easier for you to follow an exercise regimen. You may love taking long walks in the open or doing yoga in the morning — start with what you like the most. You can also experiment with different types of physical activities. This will prevent your daily workout routine from getting monotonous.
- Work out with a fitness buddy: Working out with a friend can be both fun and competitive. When you work out with a friend, you hold each other accountable – which brings a healthy level of motivation and competition.
- Join a beginner’s class: Learning to exercise with the help of an experienced instructor can be quite helpful in understanding the movements that suit you individually. Also, joining a class can help you stay motivated as you will get to exercise with others.
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore