How to Get Back to Exercising after 60? Useful Insights from One of the Leading Retirement Homes in Chennai
July 16, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Exercising is good for your physical and mental health. It plays an important role in helping you stay physically independent as you age. However, as people retire, life starts to slow down. Many people gradually stop being as active as they once were. If you have just turned 60 or passed that milestone and are planning to get back to exercising, you are on the right page.
Here are some useful insights on getting back to exercising after 60 curated by one of the leading retirement homes in Chennai:
- Consult a doctor: Before you start any new exercise regime, it is important to consult your doctor, especially if you have not been exercising for a while. Your doctor will check your fitness level or if you have any medical conditions that may need you to avoid certain exercises.
- Do not let negative emotions hold you back: If you have never exercised or have not done it for a long time, it can be challenging at first. Do not let negative thoughts stop you. Remember, exercising is good for your mental and your overall health.
- Find something you love: Doing physical activities that you love can make it easier for you to follow an exercise regimen. You may love taking long walks in the open or doing yoga in the morning — start with what you like the most. You can also experiment with different types of physical activities. This will prevent your daily workout routine from getting monotonous.
- Work out with a fitness buddy: Working out with a friend can be both fun and competitive. When you work out with a friend, you hold each other accountable – which brings a healthy level of motivation and competition.
- Join a beginner’s class: Learning to exercise with the help of an experienced instructor can be quite helpful in understanding the movements that suit you individually. Also, joining a class can help you stay motivated as you will get to exercise with others.
At our retirement homes in Chennai, we encourage our residents to stay physically and socially active. One of the many benefits of living in our retirement community is that our residents get to stay physically active without stepping outside the community. The retirement homes have facilities such as fully equipped gyms and a clubhouse for indoor games. There are numerous activities such as yoga and dance classes to help our residents follow a daily exercise routine. To find out the average monthly cost of staying in one of our retirement homes, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Average monthly cost of retirement home | retirement homes in Chennai
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore