How to Maintain Your Eye Health As You Age?
July 10, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
- Eat a well-balanced diet: A diet rich in nutrients such as omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E is good for eye health. Include green leafy vegetables like spinach and kale, citrus fruits, eggs, nuts, and kidney beans in your daily diet.
- Exercise regularly: Many vision problems stem from high cholesterol and high blood pressure; exercising and a healthy diet can help lower both. Cardio exercises such as aerobics, rope skipping, cycling, and power walking can reduce the risk of several common eye ailments. Cardiovascular exercises help you maintain a healthy lower intraocular pressure – which increases the flow of blood to the optic nerves and the retina. For a good vision, make exercising a part of your daily routine.
- Quit smoking, if you have not already: Smoking increases your risk of developing eye diseases such as cataracts, macular degeneration, glaucoma, and diabetic retinopathy. Quitting smoking can reduce your risk of developing many eye conditions. If you have tried to kick the habit before only to start again, seek professional help.
- Limit your screen time: As one gets older, tear production diminishes. This makes dry eyes syndrome common in people over 50. And too much screen time can make the symptoms of dry eyes worse. If you spend a considerable amount of time in front of a computer, smartphone or a tablet, you must reduce your screen time. Uncontrolled screen time can result in dry eyes and eye irritation. Consult an ophthalmologist if you need any eye drops to keep your eyes moist.
How Can Reading Self Help Books Can Change a Senior’s Mindset? Useful Insights by a Leading Retirement Community
February 27, 2024
The Importance of Breakfast: Starting The Day Right for Seniors Aiming to Fully Enjoy Retirement living
February 26, 2024
Daily Gratitude: Simple Things Seniors Can be Thankful For
February 22, 2024
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore