How to Manage Your Anxiety During Difficult Times?
June 3, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
As operators of one of the leading senior living homes in Bangalore, we share a few tips with you to keep anxiety in check:
- Exercise regularly: Not only does stress affect the brain, but it also has an impact on the body. When the body is healthy, so is the mind. Therefore, it is important to exercise daily. Exercises such as a brisk walk, yoga, aerobics, or swimming produce endorphins, feel-good chemicals, that help reduce the stress hormone and relieve symptoms of anxiety. To beat anxiety, try to get some exercise at least once a day.
- Deep breathing: Take a few deep breaths when encountered with a stressful situation. Deep breathing can lower stress and anxiety levels. It can be done pretty much anywhere and anytime you feel anxious. Often when people feel anxious, they experience muscle tension, increased heart rate, and other physical symptoms. Anxiety reduces oxygen levels in the blood that contributes to feelings of panic. Inhaling and exhaling air 5 to 6 times helps you calm down. There are many forms of breathing techniques that you will find in yoga, meditation, and mindfulness. Practise the ones that you are comfortable with.
- Write: Penning down what you are feeling is a simple way of working through anxious feelings. When you write down your concerns, it is a great stress-management tool. It helps to examine your thoughts, reduce anxiety and be more action oriented. If you are new to journaling, start by writing for 5 to 15 minutes. Write about whatever is on your mind. Writing down your worries helps you vent all your anxious thoughts onto the page. This will help you feel light, happy, and more relaxed. Using positive affirmations is a great way to implement the positive pattern in your way of thinking.
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore