Meditation techniques for seniors: Check this list prepared by one of the leading senior living homes in Bangalore
December 21, 2021
Categories : Senior Health Tips
For seniors, meditation offers a host of physical and emotional benefits. It has been found that meditation can reduce stress and symptoms of depression. Also, meditation can help people cope with chronic pain. But what are the most effective types of meditation? Well, the answer is simple – it is different for everyone. There are different kinds of meditation techniques from different traditions and cultures. If you are new to meditation, here are some of the popular types of meditation techniques. As one of the leading senior living homes in Bangalore, we have curated a list of techniques that can balance your mind, body, and spirit.
- Mindfulness meditation: Several successful leaders practise mindfulness meditation to improve their productivity. From LinkedIn’s CEO Jeff Weiner to Ford Motor Company’s Executive Chairman Bill Ford, many leaders have acknowledged the importance of mindfulness meditation. Mindfulness meditation is a mental training practice where seniors learn to slow down their thoughts, let go of negative emotions, and calm their mind and body. Mindfulness meditation encourages one to be aware of the present moment rather than fearing the future or dwell on the past.
- Spiritual meditation: Many seniors during their retirement years seek spiritual growth. Spiritual meditation can help seniors connect with God or a higher power. Spiritual meditation is used across the globe in countless religions and cultures. It can be practised in a place of worship or in a place that is devoid of distraction.
- Movement meditation: Seniors who find the idea of sitting in one place difficult, can practise movement meditation. Movement meditation is also ideal for seniors who have a wandering mind. A senior can practise movement meditation while doing yoga. Also, this technique can be practised by seniors while they are walking, dancing, jogging, gardening, or even doing household chores.
- Mantra meditation: Mantra meditation is one of the most common meditation techniques followed by seniors. This can be helpful for seniors who struggle to concentrate. In this technique, seniors choose a word or phrase that they keep on focussing and repeating while they meditate.
At our senior living homes in Bangalore, the day starts with yoga, meditation sessions, and breathing exercises. There are yoga decks, meditation zones, and open green spaces where our residents can relax, meditate, or self-reflect. If you want to know more about our senior citizen retirement homes in Bangalore, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : senior citizen retirement homes in Bangalore | senior living homes in Bangalore
Tips for planning a safe and comfortable camping trip for seniors in India: useful insights by one of the leading retirement communities in India
May 29, 2023
How to use gratitude to cope with grief and loss in later life? Tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
May 28, 2023
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore