New Year’s resolutions for stronger and healthy bones: useful insights by one of the leading senior retirement home service providers in Chennai
March 3, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Two months into the New Year, many of you may have resolved to take steps to improve your health. This year, you may want to focus on bone and joint health problems as it is one of the most prevalent health challenges that seniors face. As one of the leading service providers to senior retirement homes in Chennai, we share with you a few tips on achieving stronger and healthy bones:
- Warm up before exercise: A good warmup exercise prepares your body for more intense activity by increasing your blood flow and raising muscle temperature. Whether you do aerobics or workout in the gym, always make sure to spend some time doing stretching exercises that will warm up the body. Moreover, warm up exercises also reduce muscle soreness and the risk of injury.
- Get vitamin D levels checked: Vitamin D is a nutrient that is essential for healthy bones. Without vitamin D, the body cannot effectively absorb calcium. A simple blood test can reveal your vitamin D level. You can consult a doctor if you need any vitamin D supplements.
- Be proactive about your health: By taking an active part in your own healthcare, you can make informed decisions. Go for regular medical health checkups. When you visit a doctor, do not hesitate to ask questions.
- Stay off ladders: Bone fracture is one of the most common causes of immobility during old age. You should avoid climbing ladders and onto step stools. In case you do have to climb a ladder, inspect it first. Make sure that there are no loose rungs. Ladders should be placed on an even surface. One must never stand on the top rung of a ladder. Always grip the handrails of the ladder with both hands while climbing.
- Make sure that your house is senior-friendly: Most fatal and non-fatal injuries among seniors take place due to falls, trips, and slips. Safety modifications at home, especially in the bathroom where most falls occur, can significantly reduce the risk of falls and related injuries. Place anti-slip rugs or mats in the bathrooms. Get handrails installed near the shower and toilet seat. Also, make sure that the stairways and entryways are well-lit.
Looking for senior-friendly homes and apartments? Explore our senior retirement homes in Chennai
Our senior retirement homes in Chennai offer a wonderful retirement life experience. Well-designed apartments, emergency call systems, delicious meals, well equipped gym, jogging tracks with anti-slip tiles, and a full calendar of events are a few of the facilities you will enjoy at our senior retirement homes in Chennai. To know more, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Senior retirement homes in Chennai
What are the positive aspects of ageing?
May 28, 2022
How to make kindness a habit?
May 25, 2022
How can seniors lift their spirits when they are feeling stuck? Check these useful insights by one of the premium retirement homes for NRIs
May 24, 2022