Why are sunlight and fresh air good for your overall well-being?
February 2, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Nothing compares to feeling the sun’s warmth on your face. When the sun shines, your mood improves, you feel inspired, and feel more positive and energetic. Also, being outdoors has many positive effects on your physical and mental health. It has been found that seniors who spend time close to nature are most likely to experience better health outcomes and an improved sense of well-being. As one of the leading retirement homes in India, we have curated a few benefits of sunshine and fresh air on your overall well-being:
1. Sunshine: Here are some reasons to get outside and enjoy sunshine:
- Good for bone health: Spending time in the sun helps the body make its own vitamin D, which is important for strong bones. Not just that, Vitamin D is also important in reducing the risk of osteoporosis, cardiovascular heart disease, and Type 1 diabetes.
- Better sleep routine: Exposure to sunlight helps regularise sleep patterns. The study also indicated that exercise combined with sun exposure can improve physical health and quality of life.
- Fights depression: Exposure to sunlight increases serotonin levels in the brain which help in staving off symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Improved concentration: Need to focus on something important? Try taking a walk. It has been found that more oxygen results in better concentration.
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate: It has been found that exposure to green spaces reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and obesity.
2. Fresh air: Inhaling fresh air is good for your respiratory health and offers other benefits such as:
Looking for retirement homes in India with open green spaces?
Our retirement homes in India have open green spaces where our residents can take walks, do yoga, and enjoy time with others. To know the cost of retirement homes in India, call us at +91 88845 55554.
FAQs on recreational facilities in senior living communities
December 4, 2023
Beach destinations near Bangalore: Useful list for seniors living in retirement homes in Bangalore
December 3, 2023
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore