Why are sunlight and fresh air good for your overall well-being?
February 2, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Nothing compares to feeling the sun’s warmth on your face. When the sun shines, your mood improves, you feel inspired, and feel more positive and energetic. Also, being outdoors has many positive effects on your physical and mental health. It has been found that seniors who spend time close to nature are most likely to experience better health outcomes and an improved sense of well-being. As one of the leading retirement homes in India, we have curated a few benefits of sunshine and fresh air on your overall well-being:
1. Sunshine: Here are some reasons to get outside and enjoy sunshine:
- Good for bone health: Spending time in the sun helps the body make its own vitamin D, which is important for strong bones. Not just that, Vitamin D is also important in reducing the risk of osteoporosis, cardiovascular heart disease, and Type 1 diabetes.
- Better sleep routine: Exposure to sunlight helps regularise sleep patterns. The study also indicated that exercise combined with sun exposure can improve physical health and quality of life.
- Fights depression: Exposure to sunlight increases serotonin levels in the brain which help in staving off symptoms of anxiety and depression.
- Improved concentration: Need to focus on something important? Try taking a walk. It has been found that more oxygen results in better concentration.
- Lower blood pressure and heart rate: It has been found that exposure to green spaces reduces the risk of Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, high blood pressure, and obesity.
2. Fresh air: Inhaling fresh air is good for your respiratory health and offers other benefits such as:
Looking for retirement homes in India with open green spaces?
Our retirement homes in India have open green spaces where our residents can take walks, do yoga, and enjoy time with others. To know the cost of retirement homes in India, call us at +91 88845 55554.
What is healthy selfishness and how can seniors cultivate it? Useful insights by one of the best-gated community villas in Coimbatore
January 26, 2023
How seniors can ring in the New Year with healthy dishes: recipes curated by premium retirement homes in Bangalore
January 25, 2023
How seniors can keep their spirits up when holidays end: useful insights by one of the best retirement homes in Bangalore
January 24, 2023