Worst foods for your gut: check these insights by one of the leading senior citizen homes in India
March 4, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Digestive problems such as constipation, diarrhoea, and bloating can become increasingly common with age. It is natural for the production of the digestive enzymes to reduce with age. However, additional problems such as inadequate diet or an unhealthy diet can wreak havoc on the digestive system. By avoiding foods that are not gut-friendly, seniors can improve their digestive health and stay away from stomach problems. As one of the leading senior citizen homes in India, we share with you some of the worst foods for your gut:
- Fried foods: French fries, deep-fried chicken, chips, samosas, and other fried foods are difficult to digest as they are low in fibre. Often they either move too quickly through the body, leading to diarrhoea, or stay in the digestive tract too long, causing bloating. If you are suffering from indigestion, avoid fried foods because they tend to slow down digestion.
- Red meat: Meat, especially red meat, is difficult to digest. They stay in the digestive system for too long and can cause constipation if you are dehydrated. Fruits and vegetables, on the other hand, are easily digested and move through the digestive system fast.
- Processed foods: Breakfast cereals, cheese, tinned vegetables, chips, cakes, and biscuits are all processed foods. They contain additives and high amounts of salt and sugar that adversely affect the gut microbiome. Low in fibre and nutrition, processed foods can change the gut microbiota and lead to gut inflammation.
- Alcoholic beverages: Drinking alcohol is not just bad for the liver but also bad for gut health. Drinking alcoholic beverages in an uncontrolled manner can disrupt the makeup of the gut microbiome, leading to gut problems. According to research, drinking alcohol increases the symptoms of GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease). Also, alcoholic beverages are diuretic and can cause constipation.
At our retirement communities in India, the health of our residents is our top priority. This is why we have a team of nutritionists who work on the menu to ensure that the nutritional needs of our residents are met. Not just that, trained and dedicated F&B team ensures that the food is prepared in hygienic conditions. Regular meetings are held with the residents and F&B team to accommodate residents’ feedback. To know more about the services that we offer at our senior citizen homes in India, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Retirement communities in India | senior citizen homes in India
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore