Foods for seniors to boost energy: list curated by a leading senior citizen gated community in Chennai
November 13, 2022
Categories : senior citizen gated community in Chennai
Fatigue in seniors is a common concern. However, with simple yet effective dietary changes, seniors can boost their energy levels. If you are looking for information on nutrient-rich foods that can help reduce feelings of fatigue, here is a useful read. As a senior living community in Chennai, we have curated a list of foods that can help you beat fatigue.
Nuts are a great source of nutrients such as fats, fibre, and protein. Walnuts and almonds are especially beneficial, as they contain high levels of fibre, protein, and healthy fats.
- Walnuts: Like other nuts, most of the calories in walnuts come from fats, making them energy-dense. Instead of grabbing an energy bar, it is a good idea to eat walnuts as a snack or add them to desserts and salads.
- Almonds: Almonds are a good source of healthy fats and protein. The high-calorie count in almonds provides you with a good amount of energy.
Whole grains are an essential part of a healthy diet. You need to make sure that you are getting enough of them. Here are some examples of whole grains that can boost your energy levels:
- Oatmeal: It is a great source of energy-boosting carbohydrates, as well as fibre and protein that gives you the much-needed energy the whole day.
- Quinoa: Quinoa is a complex carbohydrate, which means that it takes longer for the body to break it down. This slow release of energy can help to promote feelings of fullness and can help to boost energy levels.
- Buckwheat: It is high in magnesium which is essential for the production of energy in the body. Magnesium converts the glucose in food into energy and keeps energy levels stable.
Sweet potatoes are packed with nutrients such as vitamins A and C, fibre, and complex carbohydrates. Complex carbs are slowly digested and release energy over time. Sweet potatoes are also a good source of magnesium, a mineral that plays a key role in cellular energy production.
Low-fat dairy products can boost your energy levels. They are rich in vitamins and minerals, including calcium, magnesium, and potassium. These nutrients are essential for maintaining healthy energy levels. Some of the dairy products that you can include in your diet are:
- Skim or fat-free milk
- Cottage cheese
Fruits and vegetables:
Fruits and vegetables are an important part of a healthy diet. They contain essential nutrients including minerals, vitamins, and fibre. In addition, they provide a natural source of sugar that can boost energy levels and stabilise blood sugar levels throughout the day. There are endless possibilities when it comes to incorporating fruits and vegetables to your diet. Here is a useful read on the benefits of a plant-based diet for seniors.
Beans and lentils:
Beans and lentils are excellent sources of nutrients such as zinc, magnesium, and iron. These minerals help maintain blood sugar levels and provide a constant stream of energy.
Are you looking for a senior citizen gated community in Chennai that promotes healthy living?
As you age, cooking healthy meals three times a day can become a burdensome chore, especially if you are living alone. Also, eating your meals alone can become monotonous over time. At our senior living communities in Chennai, meal times are an anticipated event of the day as residents get to enjoy nutritious meals with their fellow residents in a lively community environment. In our spacious dining room, tables are set in a way to encourage conversation and interaction amongst residents. Healthy meals are just one aspect of the positive retirement that we promote. To know more about our other services that help our residents age positively, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : senior citizen gated community in Chennai