Common online health scams that target seniors: check these useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes for NRIs
May 20, 2022
Categories : NRI Corner
Seniors spend a hefty amount of money on medicines and treatments in the hope of improving their health. Unfortunately, sometimes that money goes to unscrupulous companies that make fake claims about health products and treatments. In the digital age, scammers have become tech-savvy. They use tactics that target specific populations, especially seniors via social media and email. Health scams run rampant on social media sites and messaging apps. If you are thinking about buying a health product online, you should be wary of common online health scams. As one of the leading retirement homes for NRIs, we share with you a few common online health scams:
- Ineffective supplements
- Weight loss products
- Miraculous cure
- Fake anti-ageing vitamins
- Talk to your doctor before starting any new drugs or supplements.
- If claims sound too good to be true, they probably are false. Check with your doctor if you can take the specific supplements or medicine,
- Choose known brand names.
- Look for codes that indicate the product was manufactured in a licensed laboratory.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- Activities that can boost a senior's confidence: useful insights by one of the senior living communities for NRIs
- Common online health scams that target seniors: check these useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes for NRIs
- How can seniors create a serene home? Useful decor ideas by one of the leading premium retirement homes for NRIs
- How can seniors lift their spirits when they are feeling stuck? Check these useful insights by one of the premium retirement homes for NRIs
- How premium retirement homes for NRIs can help seniors rediscover their passions?
From COVID-19 and diabetes to cardiovascular diseases, there are many supplements that are marketed to “cure” almost every disease under the sun. Many seniors take dietary supplements to support their health but little do they realise that these supplements are unapproved and have no positive impact on their health. Companies that manufacture these ineffective supplements are making big money by selling their products on social media.
It is common to come across online ads about losing weight without changing your diet or exercise. Scammers often create websites that look like those of legitimate magazines and news organisations and fill them with fake articles claiming celebrities have achieved amazing results from their weight loss products. Seniors must be wary of such fake weight loss products. When it comes to weight loss, there are no shortcuts. The best way to lose and maintain weight is to exercise and eat a healthy diet.
There are many health conditions such as Alzheimer’s disease, dementia, and memory loss for which science has no cure. Yet there are companies that make claims that their products can treat or cure such conditions. They even go to the extent of claiming that the government does not want people to know that such “treatment or cure” exists.
The online market is flooded with anti-ageing products for hair, skin and nails. Many anti-ageing products that claim to slow down premature ageing do not have sufficient evidence to show they work.
How to protect yourself online from buying poor quality or unsafe vitamins and supplements?
As one of the leading senior living communities in India, we urge seniors to be wary of such scams. If you are looking for retirement homes for NRIs, explore our senior living community designed to international standards. To know more, book a virtual tour or call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Retirement homes for NRIs | Senior living communities for NRIs
Tips for planning a safe and comfortable camping trip for seniors in India: useful insights by one of the leading retirement communities in India
May 29, 2023
How to use gratitude to cope with grief and loss in later life? Tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
May 28, 2023
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023