Great indoor summertime activities for seniors
June 22, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Summer brings warm weather and for many people it is the perfect time to go out and enjoy the warmth. However, excess summer heat can be rough for seniors as they are vulnerable to suffer from heat exhaustion and heat stroke. However, this does not mean summers have to be drab and dull for seniors. There are many fun-filled activities that seniors can enjoy with family and friends while staying indoors. As one of the leading senior living communities in India, we share with you a list of amazing indoor summertime activities for seniors:
- Start an indoor garden: Gardening is a great low-impact physical activity for seniors. Also, growing plants and caring for them can have a calming and therapeutic effect on seniors. Growing plants in a balcony or terrace is a great opportunity for seniors to be creative and have fun. To make gardening less physically stressful, seniors can try vertical planting as it requires minimal bending and kneeling.
- Traditional board games and card games: There are many indoor games that seniors can play with their friends and family. Scrabble, Bingo, Monopoly, Bridge, Crossword puzzles, and Word search puzzles are some of the indoor games that help seniors socialise and enjoy friendly competition with other players.
- Art and craft: Seniors can pursue a new hobby or a craft project. They can paint, start quilting, or even join an online cooking class to learn making new cuisines. These activities not only help seniors nurture their creativity, but also help seniors feel a sense of accomplishment.
- Exercise: Seniors can exercise at home with friends and family members. Yoga, dancing, Zumba, or chair exercises can be easily done indoors. They can also join an online exercise class where they will be guided by qualified instructors.
- Join a book club: Joining a book club is a great way for seniors to keep their mind active while avoiding the summer heat. They can join a local book club where they can share their thoughts, discuss new authors, and learn something new from other members.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore
Looking for senior living projects with an active and engaging social calendar?
Social opportunities are one of the biggest reasons why seniors move to retirement homes. Our retirement homes in India offer a wide range of activities to residents – there is something for everyone to enjoy. Our social calendar includes yoga classes, music lessons, movie nights and aerobics sessions, and special cultural events. To know the retirement home cost, call us at +918884555554.
Relavent tags : Retirement home cost | Senior living projects
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023