5 common fears that elderly people face
January 29, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Retirement is one of the biggest transitions seniors go through in their lives. However, these golden years of life come with certain fears. Here we discuss some common fears that seniors face, along with tips to help overcome them:
- Loss of independence: A common fear that seniors have is that of losing their independence due to health issues or age-related limitations. Living as independently as possible is important for seniors to maintain a high quality of life.
- Personal safety and security: As people age, their concerns for their personal safety and security grow. Living alone or issues with hearing, vision, or mobility can leave seniors more fearful in their own house. They have fears about break-ins or meeting with an accident at home, with no access to help.
- Deteriorating health: It is common for seniors to worry about their health. Not being able to exercise or cook healthy meals can further contribute to the fear.
- Lack of routine: Though many seniors look forward to a retired life, they do not know what to do with so much free time. Not having a routine can exacerbate feelings of anxiety. Having a regular routine helps seniors take better care of themselves and form healthy habits.
- Increased loneliness: Many seniors lose friends and spouses as they age. Children often move away and become involved with their own lives. With no professional commitments and fewer opportunities for social interaction, seniors often fear social isolation.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore
Our senior living homes in Bangalore are designed keeping in mind the physical and emotional needs of seniors. At our senior living homes, days are filled with meaningful and relevant activities. There are ample opportunities for seniors to socialise and make friends. We have trained security personnel guarding the gated communities. We use the latest security systems, CCTVs, and firefighting equipment to ensure that our residents are always safe. Each apartment has a panic button to ensure immediate help in case of an emergency. Also, at our senior living communities, routine health check-ups are organised and updated medical records are maintained for residents’ wellness plans. To know the cost of senior living communities, call us at +91 88845 55554 or book a virtual tour.
Rising demand for retirement homes amongst NRIs: a growing trend in senior living
September 26, 2023
Hill stations near Bangalore that seniors can consider visiting. List curated by one of the best retirement homes in Bangalore
September 25, 2023
Financial considerations for NRIs: making informed choices for retirement homes
September 22, 2023