How to protect yourself against common age-related health conditions?
April 10, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips
Activities that promote healthy ageing should start well before one turns 60 — or even 50. Seniors can stay healthy by making right lifestyle decisions. As one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore, we share with you a few useful insights on how you can protect yourself against common age-related health conditions:
- Lower risk of Dementia: According to a study, adults who followed a Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension (DASH) diet in combination with aerobic exercise experienced a significant improvement in brain function. The diet consists of a wide variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grain foods. In addition to eating healthy and exercising regularly, it is important that you get adequate sleep. It has been found that sleep and cognitive functioning appear to be related in late life.
- Reduce risk of Type 2 Diabetes: Type 2 Diabetes is a serious health condition that can lead to a wide range of complications including heart disease, kidney damage, and eye damage. It may sound obvious that to reduce the risk of type 2 Diabetes, you must cut down on your sugar intake. But it is not that easy – you have to pay attention to your fibre intake and lifestyle. It has been found that a fibre diet can be beneficial in the prevention of type 2 Diabetes. A fibre-rich diet consists of fresh fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes. Along with diet, regular exercise is also important. A sedentary lifestyle is associated with greater risk for type 2 Diabetes.
- Lower heart disease risk: One of the many factors that increase the risk of cardiovascular diseases are high cholesterol levels. To lower your risk of heart disease, follow a cholesterol-lowering diet. It has been found that including foods such as soy protein, tomatoes, flaxseeds, and almonds can help reduce LDL (bad cholesterol) levels. According to another study, aerobic and anaerobic exercises promote cardiovascular health and reduce the risk of heart disease.
Looking for retirement homes in Bangalore that promote positive ageing?
Our senior homes in Bangalore are designed to help our residents maintain a healthy lifestyle. The Virtuoso, our senior living community in Bangalore, will have a fitness centre, yoga deck, swimming pool, jogging tracks, and aerobics deck so that seniors can stay physically active. The daily food menu will be designed by a team of trained nutritionists. To know more, call us at +91 8884555554 or book a virtual tour.
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 4 Power Foods for Older Adults: List Curated By the Largest Senior Living Community Operator
- 4 Tips from a Senior Living Community for Mindful Self-care and Better Health
- 5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
- 5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
- 5 Myths Around Senior Nutrition Curated by a Senior Living Home in Bangalore