Senior Living in Bangalore: Safety Tips at Home
July 12, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
If you are a senior living alone, here is what you need to do to stay safe at home:
- Improve bathroom safety: If you are noticing that you are facing trouble getting around independently, it is time to take important steps to fall-proof your home. Falls often occur in the bathroom because of water and slippery floors. Consider installing handholds near the shower, toilet, and wash basin. To make falls less likely, place an anti-slip safety mat in the bathroom.
- Make your home fall-proof: To ensure that your house is easy to navigate, arrange furniture in a way that there is plenty of space to move around. Remove tripping hazards such as carpets, scattered objects, or slippery stairs. Rug anchors can also help prevent slips and trips. Ensure adequate lighting in every single room in the house. Stairs, entryways, and corridors should be especially well-lit.
- Invest in a home security system: Whether you live in an apartment or a house, have a peephole installed on the front door. Do not open doors for strangers and ensure the doors are locked. When you hear a knock at the door, keep your phone handy in case you need to call for help. Never leave the door key under the mat. You can go the extra mile by installing a panic button in the house so that you can reach someone in case of an emergency.
- Save emergency contacts on your phone: Emergency contacts are important for any senior who lives alone. To ensure safety and proper care in the event of an accident or injury, you should easily be able to call for help. Create a list of emergency contacts – this list should include family members, friends, medical emergency number, family doctor’s number, and the number of the nearest hospital.
How luxury retirement homes in India are helping seniors use their time effectively?
December 2, 2023
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore