Starting Over for Seniors: Useful Tips by One of the Leading Senior Citizen Homes in India
September 11, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Reaching retirement age comes with a mixed bag of emotions. There is a sense of relief that you can finally enjoy an exciting phase of life and gain new experiences. However, with no professional commitments, the feeling of not having a schedule can be daunting. Many seniors feel stressed when they suddenly have all the time in the world. However, with a little bit of planning, seniors can feel as if they are starting their life all over again. As one of the leading senior citizen homes in India, we share with you some useful tips on starting over after retirement:
- Never stop learning: The best way to move forward in life is to keep learning. You can explore a new hobby or pursue old hobbies. Stay busy with a meaningful activity that provides you a sense of purpose and makes you feel productive. One of the best ways to get started is to join group classes where you will meet people who share similar interests as you. Group sessions are a great way to socialise, meet people, gain confidence, and learn.
- Stay socially connected: With children settled and no 9-to-5 commitments, loneliness can slowly become a part of ageing. When you retire, you lose social connections and may start to feel isolated, which can have adverse effects on your mental and physical health. It has been found that loneliness can be worse for your health than obesity and high blood pressure.
- Replace your previous work routine with a new routine: With no daily commitments, you can lose structure and routine from your day. To enjoy a satisfying and fulfilling life, you need to replace the old routine with a new one that is packed with new interests, activities, and social commitments.
- Set new goals: Create a bucket list of activities that you wish to complete or a creative project you want to start. By creating a list you will push yourself out of your comfort zone and explore things you never thought you would.
- Stay healthy: When you are starting over, begin on a healthy note. From staying physically active and eating a well-balanced diet to improving your emotional well-being – make health a priority. Do not forget that staying healthy is your ticket to enjoying your life to the fullest.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore
To start afresh, make new social connections. Sign up for volunteering opportunities, invite neighbours or connect with your existing friends. Schedule a part of your day to build and nurture social connections. You can make phone calls, have coffee with neighbours, or have lunch with your former colleagues.
Having a routine helps you lead an organised life. However, when you make a new routine, be serious about it and stick to it.
As one of the leading senior citizen homes in India, we do not believe in the stereotypical retirement life. We have an active social calendar that helps our residents socialise, make new friends, and explore new interests.
We have 1 and 2 BHK independent senior living apartments as well as villas. To know more about our retirement homes, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : independent senior citizen apartments | senior citizen homes in India
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023