Trusting Yourself: How to Build Self-Trust?
May 17, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
- Spend time with yourself: Take out at least 10 minutes a day for yourself. Spend the time to process thoughts and feelings that would otherwise go ignored.
- Overcome victimhood mentality: Every person has choices about how they can move forward in their life. Always remember that you can choose to take responsibility for your life whenever you want. Instead of waiting for others to make you happy, make yourself happy. Do not indulge in negative self-talk. Whenever you are surrounded by negative thoughts, take charge of the situation and do things that make you happy.
- Set realistic goals: Self-doubt and negative thoughts arise when you set yourself up for unrealistic goals and constantly see yourself from others’ perspectives. Setting realistic goals in your life will help you feel confident and remain motivated. When you set attainable goals and achieve them, you will be confident, and your self-esteem will get a boost. Also, when you are clear about your goals, you feel less overwhelmed.
- Be gentle to yourself: When you are constantly comparing yourself to others, pressuring yourself to be perfect, and doubting your capabilities, you end up with negative thoughts. Be kind to yourself and challenge negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Get moving: Whether it’s yoga, walking or aerobics, adding regular exercise to your schedule boosts your emotional well- being. When you exercise, your body releases feel-good hormones called endorphins that boost mood and promote positive feelings.
5 Important Insights on Antioxidants: Curated by a Leading Senior Citizen Housing in India
June 12, 2021
Signs that Stress is Making You Sick
June 11, 2021
Surprising Health Benefits of Owning a Pet: Insights by One of the Retirement Communities in India
June 10, 2021