Trusting Yourself: How to Build Self-Trust?
May 17, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
- Spend time with yourself: Take out at least 10 minutes a day for yourself. Spend the time to process thoughts and feelings that would otherwise go ignored.
- Overcome victimhood mentality: Every person has choices about how they can move forward in their life. Always remember that you can choose to take responsibility for your life whenever you want. Instead of waiting for others to make you happy, make yourself happy. Do not indulge in negative self-talk. Whenever you are surrounded by negative thoughts, take charge of the situation and do things that make you happy.
- Set realistic goals: Self-doubt and negative thoughts arise when you set yourself up for unrealistic goals and constantly see yourself from others’ perspectives. Setting realistic goals in your life will help you feel confident and remain motivated. When you set attainable goals and achieve them, you will be confident, and your self-esteem will get a boost. Also, when you are clear about your goals, you feel less overwhelmed.
- Be gentle to yourself: When you are constantly comparing yourself to others, pressuring yourself to be perfect, and doubting your capabilities, you end up with negative thoughts. Be kind to yourself and challenge negative thoughts with positive ones.
- Get moving: Whether it’s yoga, walking or aerobics, adding regular exercise to your schedule boosts your emotional well- being. When you exercise, your body releases feel-good hormones called endorphins that boost mood and promote positive feelings.
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
Useful insights on entrepreneurship for retired defence personnel
November 28, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore