Acts of Kindness that will Make You Happy: List Prepared by One of the Leading Senior Living Homes in Bangalore
June 23, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
The Greek philosopher Plato was right when he said, “In caring about the happiness of others, we find our own”. There is nothing like the warm feeling that you get when you have done something kind for others. According to a 2010 Harvard Business School survey of happiness in 136 countries, people who engaged in acts of kindness were happiest overall. Positive activities boost positive emotions, thoughts, and behaviour, in turn improving well-being. During a global pandemic, sending a meal to a friend or lending a sympathetic ear can make you happy and make a huge difference in someone’s day. As one of the leading senior living homes in Bangalore, we suggest a few ways in which you can participate in acts of kindness:
- Gift a meal: Whether you are missing meeting friends over dinner or you want to take a small step to spread kindness, gifting somebody a meal is a great way to say that you appreciate them. You can gift a meal to a friend or a stranger and spread positive vibes.
- Sew masks for those in need: Making a DIY face mask is not just an interesting stay at home activity that you can engage in without stepping out, but you can also gift them to people in need. Homemade fabric masks are not medical-grade but they can be effective if the right materials are used. There are several videos online that you may find helpful. Sew fabric masks for your neighbours, helpers, and other people, especially those who cannot work from home during the pandemic.
- Lend a sympathetic ear: People of all ages are experiencing increased social isolation and loneliness. While the times are tough for everyone, calling or writing to a friend is a great way to make yourself feel happy and to remind them that they are not alone. Lend a friend or an acquaintance a sympathetic ear without any judgement. Often people wish to share what they are going through without expecting the other person to offer any solutions.
- Pick up the tab for a friend: Daily chores such as cleaning the house, doing laundry, or maintaining the lawn can be time-consuming. Many people may struggle to either find time to do the chores or may have limited means to outsource them. You can offer to pick the tab should they choose to outsource the chores. This will give your friends precious downtime that they need to re-energise themselves.
Relavent tags : senior living homes in Bangalore
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
Useful insights on entrepreneurship for retired defence personnel
November 28, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore