Addicted to your phone? Here are some tips to create healthy boundaries by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
December 5, 2022
Categories : Senior Health Tips | Senior Living Tips
Smartphones can help you stay in touch with friends, watch videos, check the weather, follow the news, and even read e-books. However, excessive use of smartphones can be quite problematic. According to a study, depression and anxiety are associated with smartphone addiction. If you are reaching for the phone the moment you are alone or bored, it is time to reduce your phone usage. As one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore, we share some useful tips to create healthy boundaries with your phone:
1. Be conscious about mobile usage:
Spending a lot of time on your phone becomes a problem when it starts affecting your relationships, health, hobbies, and other important aspects in your life. Being aware of the signs and symptoms of addiction is the first step towards making the change.
2. Find out your daily usage and set a limit:
There are a number of apps that can track your daily mobile phone usage and let you know the number of hours you spend on your phone. These apps can also help you find out how much time you are spending on different social media apps. If you are spending hours on the phone because of social media apps, you can uninstall those apps and limit your phone usage.
3. Keep your phone in a designated space:
By setting up a space for keeping your phone, you can make sure that you are not carrying it around with you all the time. You can create a designated spot either in the living room or near the entryway. To ensure that you do not miss important calls, install a special ringtone for immediate family members and friends.
4. Carry a magazine or a book along with you:
It is always a good idea to carry magazines or books with you especially when you are likely to find yourself with some free time. When you are waiting for a friend at a coffee shop or waiting for a doctor, an interesting book can prevent you from reaching out for your phone.
5. Set up phone-free zones:
If you find yourself checking social media feeds for hours, it is time to limit the mindless scrolling. Setting up phone-free zones is a great idea to make sure that some places in the house do not have phones and other digital devices.
- Dinner table: The dinner table is often seen as a symbol of family togetherness. However, when everyone is preoccupied with their phones at the dinner table, it is difficult to have meaningful conversations. So, ensure that no phones are allowed during the mealtimes at the dining table.
- Bedroom: The blue light emitted from mobile phones can disrupt sleep. It has been found that blue suppresses secretion of melatonin which can lead to fragmented sleep patterns. To avoid checking your phone in the middle of the night, make your bedroom a phone-free zone.
Are you looking for the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore?
If you are searching on the internet with phrases such as “senior citizen homes near me” or “retirement homes near me”, explore our premium senior living community in Bangalore. Our senior community will have premium living spaces where residents can enjoy their golden years to the fullest. Book a virtual tour of our senior living community in Bangalore or give us a call at +918884555554.
Relavent tags : best senior citizen homes in Bangalore | senior citizen homes near me