Creating colour harmony for your home: useful insights by one of the premium senior citizen homes in Bangalore
June 8, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
For seniors, their home is their sanctuary. It is the place where they sleep, relax, and host get-togethers. A thoughtfully designed home can help seniors live in comfort. An important factor that influences the interior design of a home is the colour scheme. Colour harmony is created when colours in a scheme work well with each other. As one of the premium senior citizen homes in Bangalore, we share with you a few useful insights on creating colour harmony for your home:
- Understand the fundamentals of a colour scheme: A colour scheme consists of a combination of colours. By pairing different colours together, endless colour palettes can be created. To choose the right colour scheme, you must understand the different moods that each colour scheme evokes.
- Types of colour schemes: To know how to create colour harmony in your house, you have to first zero in on the right colour scheme. Once you have done that, you can search for paint inspirations online or in architectural magazines. Here are some of the common types of colour schemes:
- Monochromatic colour scheme: This scheme focuses on a single colour. It uses various hues of the single colour to create contrasts. White, grey, or black are some of the popular choices for a monochromatic colour scheme. It is timeless and trendy. When done right, it can make the house look elegant and sophisticated.
- Analogous colour scheme: This colour scheme has three colours that border each other in the colour wheel. This colour scheme starts off with a base hue and is extended with two adjoining hues. The word “analogous” means closely related. Together these shades create a harmonious appeal. For instance, in a living room, the walls can be yellow whereas the furnishing can be muted green.
- Triadic colour scheme: This scheme has colours that are placed equidistant from each other on the colour wheel, forming a triangle. Though the colour scheme lends a colour appeal to the home, it can be a little difficult to achieve.
- Neutral colour scheme: A neutral colour scheme has gained a lot of popularity of late. It typically consists of hues of white, grey, and black along with other neutral colours such as such beige, tan, and brown.
- How to choose a colour scheme: When it comes to creating colour harmony in your home, there are many factors to be considered. Some of them are:
- Personal taste: If you like clean and crisp lines, monochromatic colour scheme and neutral colour scheme can be good choices. For a bolder look, the triadic colour scheme is perfect. The analogous colour scheme can work well to give an ombre effect.
- Lighting: Both natural light and artificial light should be considered when choosing colour for a space. They can make the room look different at different times of the day.
Looking for premium senior citizen homes in Bangalore?
Explore our senior living community in Bangalore – it will offer you an great retirement lifestyle. The community will have a swimming pool, theatre , café, dining area, library, spa, and other amenities to help you enjoy your golden years to the fullest. To know more about the senior living community and the average cost of retirement home per month, book a virtual tour or call us at +91884555554.
Soup recipes ideal for seniors: list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Chennai
June 23, 2022
Great indoor summertime activities for seniors
June 22, 2022
Useful insights on phishing for senior citizens by one of the leading gated communities in Bangalore
June 16, 2022