Five steps to a meaningful 2022: tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Chennai
January 21, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
2021 has been an incredibly hard year for many of us. After a year like that, setting new year resolutions can be hard. However, the beginning of the year is a moment of reflection, celebration, and making peace with the low points of the previous year. The best way to set new year resolutions and stick to them is to make sure that your resolutions resonate with your core values. Here we share with you 5 steps to lead a more meaningful 2022. Whether you choose one or all five, these steps will help you truly make an impact:
- Be kind to yourself: “To love oneself,” wrote Oscar Wilde, “is the beginning of a life-long romance.” This year, be intentionally positive when you talk about yourself. Positive self-talk is a great way to subdue the critical voice that is often self-deprecatory. Embrace little imperfections because these make you who you truly are.
- Give back to the community: For a meaningful 2022, there is no better way than giving back to the community. Give your time and talent to inspire others. You can volunteer at a local charity, homeless shelter, or animal shelter. You can also help underprivileged children study or prepare youngsters for job interviews – your valuable time can make a world of difference to their lives.
- Spend more time with loved ones:Spending quality time together is the best way to show your loved ones that you care for them. Reach out to your loved ones, family, or friends, and plan activities together. Quality time does not have to be confined to having meals together. Read to your grandchildren, plan monthly excursions, schedule game nights, or go for after-dinner walks.
- Make your passion a habit: Ever since you were little, you must have heard people saying ‘pursue your passion’. But now that you have retired, what does that phrase mean to you? Well, instead of waiting for something to find you, find ways to cultivate your passion. Start a hobby class or join a hobby group. Try different things as your passion may not lie in just one thing.
- Get closer to nature:Spending time in nature not only uplifts your mood but also brings many health benefits. It has been found that access to natural surroundings, such as beaches or parks, promote sound sleep amongst seniors. Not just that, it also helps in reducing psychological stress and keeping depression at bay.
Looking for retirement homes in Chennai?
If you are looking for retirement homes in Chennai, check out Serene Adinath and Serene Pushkar by Columbia Pacific. Our retirement homes provide a holistic environment and support system that enable our seniors to remain physically and socially active while doing things that they enjoy the most. To know more about our retirement homes, call us at +91 88845 55554.
What are the positive aspects of ageing?
May 28, 2022
How to make kindness a habit?
May 25, 2022
How can seniors lift their spirits when they are feeling stuck? Check these useful insights by one of the premium retirement homes for NRIs
May 24, 2022