The healing power of humour: insights by one of the leading senior retirement home communities in Chennai
March 5, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
There is a long history of research showing that laughter can help people cope with stressful situations. Laughter helps in releasing feel-good hormones such as endorphins and serotonin that decrease stress levels and improve resiliency. As operators of leading senior retirement home communities in Chennai, we have curated a few insights on the healing power of humour and how you can make laughter a part of your daily routine.
- Laughter makes your heart happy: Want to take better care of your heart? Laugh your heart out. According to a study, laughter can improve artery function. At the University of Texas, Austin, volunteers were asked to watch a 30- minute comedy video or a documentary of their choice. Their before and after tests of blood flow showed that the artery function improved in the volunteers who watched a comedy video.
- Laughter is good for the brain: When you laugh, the levels of stress hormones in your body decrease. This helps in improving short-term memory. According to research, healthy seniors who watched a funny video performed better in short-term memory tests than those who did not.
- Laughter can help you live longer: Having a good laugh is not only good for your soul, but also could help you lead a longer life. According to a study, having a sense of humour is health protecting. The study showed women with a strong sense of humour have lower all-cause mortality despite suffering from heart diseases and infections.
- Catch up with friends: Laughter is contagious, catch up with friends who lift your spirits. You can even attend stand-up comedy shows with your friends.
- Watch or listen to something funny: There are numerous rib-tickling TV shows and radio shows that trigger healthy physical and emotional changes.
- Join a laughter yoga class: Laughing yoga classes involves a series of movement and breathing exercises that promote deliberate laughter. You can join a laughter yoga class with your friends and learn the joy of laughing.
How to make laughter a part of daily life?
Looking for senior retirement homes in Chennai?
After having worked hard for decades, you deserve to age with joy and comfort. Our senior retirement homes in Chennai let you enjoy a worry-free retirement life. With an exceptional approach to holistic well-being, our senior living communities are designed to enhance every facet of your life. Our retirement communities have beautifully landscaped open spaces, state-of-the-art fitness centres, and jogging paths that are designed to foster wellness and cultivate an active lifestyle. A month-by-month calendar of events ensures that you have something to look forward to every day. To know more about our senior retirement homes in Chennai, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : senior retirement homes Chennai
What are the positive aspects of ageing?
May 28, 2022
How to make kindness a habit?
May 25, 2022
How can seniors lift their spirits when they are feeling stuck? Check these useful insights by one of the premium retirement homes for NRIs
May 24, 2022