How can you connect with your older parents during the holidays?
December 19, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
The holidays are a perfect time for family get-togethers, moments of connection, and making new memories. They offer the perfect opportunity to find moments of joy with your parents. As one of the leading retirement communities in India, we share with you some useful tips that will help you bond with your parents this holiday season:
- Make them feel included: Help your parents become involved in the festivities. Ask their suggestions when selecting the menu and decor items for the holidays. Involving them in activities will get them excited about the holiday season and feel needed.
- Help them get ready: During the holiday season, everybody wants to look good. Contact their salon and book hair appointments and beauty treatments for them or help them shop outfits for the holidays.
- Spend time with them looking at family photos: Take a look at the photo albums together and cherish those beautiful memories.
- Revive old traditions: Family traditions hold values and are passed down from one generation to the next. However, in today’s busy lifestyle, many family traditions get buried. This holiday season, revive old traditions and enjoy performing them with your parents.
- Watch an old movie together: There is nothing like watching old films with your parents. Look for the movies that you watched with your parents when you were younger. You can even invite other family members for the movie night and share a laugh or two while watching the movie.
- Give them a surprise visit: If your parents live in a retirement home, surprise them by visiting. You can even throw them a party. Many modern retirement homes in India have banquet halls where you can throw a party for your parents.
Looking for the best place to buy a retirement home?
If you or your loved ones are looking for retirement homes in India, explore our retirement communities in India. Our independent senior living communities let seniors start a new chapter in life and enjoy a worry-free lifestyle. Housekeeping, laundry service, and plumbing and electrical maintenance work are all taken care of by our experienced staff. A well-equipped medical centre and 24×7 ambulance is available when needed. To know more about our senior living communities in India, call us at +91 8884555554.
Principles of positive ageing: useful insights for senior citizens
October 1, 2022
5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
September 30, 2022
Senior’s guide to dental care: useful insights by premium retirement homes for NRIs
September 29, 2022