Living Mindfully: Transform Your Day with these Tips from a Senior Citizen Home in Chennai
May 20, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
The absence of a routine after retirement can make it hard to pay attention to the moment. It may seem that you are just whiling away hours. If you practise mindfulness, your day may seem more purpose-driven.
As one of the best senior citizen homes in Chennai, we share with you a few useful tips on mindfulness that can transform your day and give you a fresh perspective on your daily routine:
- Practise conscious breathing: One of the easiest ways to incorporate mindfulness into your daily routine is to spend 2 to 3 minutes every day practising deep breathing. Deep breathing helps you calm down and disengage yourself from negative and distracting thoughts. Also, conscious breathing keeps your energy levels high, helps you combat stress and improves mental focus and clarity.
- Plan daily digital detox: Do not use your phone for the first two hours of your day. When your phone is the first thing you pick up in the morning, you drag yourself into the world of too many distractions and information. Start your day by focussing on yourself and the same goes for how you end your day. Stop using your phone two hours before you hit the bed. These simple tricks can help you live in the moment.
- Create the day you want: Sit quietly and plan your day ahead. Preparing yourself for the day ahead offers a host of benefits including a sense of calm and the ability to cope with challenges with positive energy and vigour.
- Use your senses to live more mindfully: When stepping outside the house, don’t rush. Instead, take a few seconds to focus on what you can see, hear, smell or touch. Watch the birds, say hello to your neighbours or smell the rain.
- Engage in random acts of kindness: By giving others without any expectation of return, you feel good from inside. Be it holding the door open for a stranger or leaving a big tip – every small interaction with someone is an opportunity to create positive memories.
Relavent tags : best senior citizen homes in Chennai | senior citizen home in Chennai
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore