Positive ageing: How to Enjoy Life After Retirement?
November 13, 2020
Categories : Ageing Tips
With more time on hand and less to do, many retirees find it difficult to embrace their retirement lifestyle wholeheartedly. Over here we discuss a few simple changes in your lifestyle that can make your golden years count:
1. Don’t be shy to meet other retirees and make friends: Whether it is losing touch with colleagues or death of a partner – loneliness is a major issue after retirement. Loneliness can get worse if you don’t seek companionship. You can move to a retirement home where you can socialise with people your age, who share your interests. Also, living alongside like-minded people provides reassurance that there is always someone nearby to talk to. The best retirement homes in India like ours give you ample opportunities to make new friends.
2. Join a fitness club: Retirement is a time to shift focus from work to your overall well-being. To enjoy your golden years, it is important that you stay fit and healthy. Exercising is associated with good mental and physical well-being which is why we have trained physiotherapists who design age-appropriate exercises to help residents meet their fitness goals. We also have indoor and outdoor games to encourage seniors stay physically active and have fun at the same time.
3. Say goodbye to household chores: Housework like cleaning and cooking can often take the fun out of retirement years, leaving little room for leisure. The hassle of running errands can be difficult after a particular age. At our retirement homes in India, we have trained staff to take care of housekeeping and maintenance work.
4. Take up a new hobby: Be it photography, crocheting, quilting, gardening, singing or learning a new language, you can make your retirement phase as enjoyable as you wish.
5. Throw parties for friends and families: Retirement doesn’t have to be boring and dull. Look at it as the beginning of a new chapter in your life and celebrate each and every occasion with your loved ones. At Columbia Pacific Communities, you can host movie nights and games night for family and friends. You can also book our banquet hall to throw a party, no matter what the occasion is.
Relavent tags : Columbia Pacific Communities