Relaxation techniques for seniors
December 29, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Relaxation techniques help seniors navigate stressful periods – they create a sense of calm, inner peace, and boost one’s mental and physical well-being. As one of the leading retirement homes in India, we share with you some relaxation techniques to help you get started:
- Practise yoga and meditation:It has been found that yoga offers a host of therapeutic benefits which include reducing stress, anxiety, and depression. Practising yoga also improves sleep patterns and enhances one’s overall well-being. Practise yoga in a quiet and comfortable place because you need to feel every stretch of the body’s movements. Meditation is also a relaxation technique that can take your mind off the distractions and refocus it to help you cope better in stressful situations. There are many relaxing poses that seniors can make part of their daily routine. Seniors should talk to their doctor before starting any new exercise routine, including yoga and meditation.
- Spend more time in nature: There are a number of studies that show that spending time in nature can help you achieve physiological relaxation and stress recovery. These studies suggest that the sight of plants, trees, herbs, and flowers can uplift your mood and help you relax.
- Meet old friends: According to a study, having meaningful friendships in old age is linked to higher levels of happiness and life satisfaction. Meeting old friends can help seniors leave their daily stress behind and enjoy positive thoughts and a sense of calm.
- Sleep soundly: Many seniors find it difficult to sleep, especially when they are undergoing a stressful phase. Insufficient sleep can put a lot of stress on their body – seniors can suffer from frustration, anxiety, anger, and depression due to poor sleeping habits. To enjoy a proper sleep at night, seniors should try to switch off their digital devices at least two hours before bed. Also, they should avoid having caffeinated drinks and heavy meals for at least two hours before bedtime. They can listen to soothing music as research has shown that listening to music can be relaxing and effectively improve sleep quality among older adults.
Taking a little time each day to nurture your mind, body, and soul can enhance your resilience and help you maintain balance in life. At our retirement homes in India, the day starts with yoga, meditation sessions, and breathing exercises. There are a myriad of opportunities for our residents to unwind and relax. To know more about our retirement home facilities, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Retirement home facilities | retirement homes in India
Live in luxury senior citizen homes in Bangalore? Here are 5 must-have essential oils for your home
March 31, 2023
How to surround yourself with the right people after retirement? Check these tips by one of the leading retirement homes for NRIs in India
March 30, 2023
How to stop food cravings? Check these useful tips by one of the leading senior citizen apartments in India
March 29, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore