Useful insights on coronavirus scams targeting seniors
March 9, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
The pandemic has been an unnerving and anxiety-ridden time for everyone, especially for seniors. In addition to being more vulnerable to the infection, they are also an easy target for scammers. Hence, it is important for seniors and their families to be more aware about the various coronavirus scams so they can guard against being duped. As one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore, we have curated useful insights on coronavirus scams targeting seniors:
- Healthcare scams: Seniors receive a call from someone pretending to be a health representative offering vaccines, test kits, or air filter systems. Seniors should not provide any information, such as their address or bank account details to any such caller.
- Errand helper scam: A stranger approaches seniors to help with errands such as buying and delivering groceries or paying their phone bill. Seniors should avoid communicating with strangers pretending to offer help. Also, they should not share any sensitive information such as their address, phone number, and bank details with strangers.
- Charity scam: Scamsters often approach seniors in person or over a telephone call and claim to be working with a charity that provides medical supplies or other items to those affected by coronavirus. They ask seniors to transfer money to help those in need. It is important that seniors check the credibility of the charity before transferring money.
- Phishing scam: This is one of the most common online scams. Seniors receive an email asking for money or bank information. These emails are designed to look as if they are sent from government agencies or reputed medical bodies. Seniors should be very careful when replying to any unsolicited emails.
- Sanitisation Scam: In this scam, strangers offer seniors sanitisation services for their homes. Once allowed inside, they steal items from the home and may even physically harm the family members. Seniors must always book sanitisation services from reputed service providers and not allow strangers inside their homes.
As one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore, we urge seniors to be wary of such scams. If you want to know more about our senior living communities and the services we provide, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : senior living Bangalore | Senior living communities in Bangalore