Virtual Hobbies to Try with Friends: List Curated by One of the Best Retirement Homes in India
July 15, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
- Book clubs: If you are a bookworm, start your book club with your friends and schedule a time for a video chat and share your thoughts over books. Each month, you and your friends can choose a book to read. Check out this list of inspirational books for seniors that can get the conversation started.
- Online games: Whether you are looking to sharpen your cognitive skills or an easy and enjoyable way to pass the time, there are several virtual games that you can play with your friends. In fact, a study published in the International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry found that playing online games such as sudoku and crosswords prevents cognitive decline.
- Movie parties: There is nothing like watching a movie with your friends. There are several apps that let you and your friends watch a movie together and share thoughts in a live text chat.
- Karaoke: Whether you and your friends are professional singers or amateurs, singing your favourite songs from the comfort of your home can be fun and therapeutic at the same time. To enjoy online karaoke, schedule a video call and sing your heart out.
- Work out together: If you love the feeling of healthy competition, connect with your friends and video chat as you pedal your stationary cycle or do yoga moves. Schedule a time in advance with your workout buddies so that you can exercise together and have fun at the same time.
- Join a hobby class: From painting and cake decorating to gardening, there are many online hobby classes that you can join with your friends. Hobby classes also present a great opportunity to make new friends who share the same interests.
There is no dearth of things to do in our senior living communities. Whether it has been a hobby you have been passionate about or an exciting new hobby that has piqued your interest – we fully encourage you to get started and rejuvenate your mind and soul.
Principles of positive ageing: useful insights for senior citizens
October 1, 2022
5 bad sleeping habits that are ruining your sleep: useful insights curated by one of the best senior citizen homes in Bangalore
September 30, 2022
Senior’s guide to dental care: useful insights by premium retirement homes for NRIs
September 29, 2022