10 Questions to Ask When Touring Senior Citizen Homes in India
August 11, 2021
Categories : Retirement Planning Tips
When it comes to services and amenities, senior citizen homes in India vary from one another. If you are planning to move into a senior citizen home, you need to be certain that it’s the right fit for your lifestyle and the retirement life you’ve always wanted. Visiting the senior citizen homes helps you zero in on the right retirement community.
To make the best out of your visit, it’s important that you ask the right questions
Here are 10 questions that we suggest you ask when touring senior citizen homes in India to find the perfect fit for you:
- What types of apartments are available? Most senior citizen homes in India offer a wide range of living arrangements. From 1 BHK and 2 BHK independent senior citizen apartments to villas, you have a wide range of choices.
- Are the apartments senior-friendly? Panic buttons, anti-skid tiles in the bathroom, panic buttons, and handrails in the shower and near the bathroom are some of the features that make an apartment safe for seniors.
- What kind of social activities are available? Senior citizens often move into senior living communities because they feel lonely in their own homes. So, it is important to check their social calendar.
- What safety and security services are included? Check whether they have CCTVs installed in the common areas. Make sure that the rooms are senior-friendly with grab bars installed at strategic places. Ask them whether they have 24X 7 security personnel. Also, ask about fire safety, disaster planning, and medical emergency services.
- What are the food options? At many senior citizen homes, the menu is decided by a team of nutrition experts and prepared by well-experienced chefs. Not just that, there are multiple venues, including formal dining halls and restaurants.
- What all services do they offer? Many senior citizen homes offer services such as periodic housekeeping, maintenance of electrical and plumbing work, laundry service, and daily meals. During your visit, ask about all the services and the service fees.
- Are there certain visiting hours for friends and family? While zeroing in on a retirement community, ask about visiting hours for friends and family. Also, find out if you can host dinners and get-togethers for them in the community banquet hall or restaurant.
- Is the senior citizen home good at handling medical emergencies? While touring the senior citizen homes, find out about their medical facilities such as ambulance service or doctor on call or how trained their staff is at responding to emergencies.
- What amenities does the senior citizen home have and are they all operational? With the right amenities, an independent senior citizen home can offer a resort-style living experience. Some communities feature a clubhouse, gym, library, swimming pool, jogging track, salon, and even restaurant. Remember to ask about the amenities that are important to you during your visit.
- What is the average cost of living? Always ask direct financial questions. During the tour, get a clear cost breakdown. If there are any add-ons, make sure that you ask about their costs. For all your cost-related inquiries, call us at +91 8884555554.