6 Everyday Things You Can Do to Nourish Your Soul: Curated by One of the Leading Retirement Communities in India
July 6, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
- Start the day on a positive note: Setting the tone of the day in the morning can dramatically improve how you feel about the rest of your day. Instead of getting up and checking your phone, read something positive. Choose to read something that motivates or inspires you. You can also start your day with a gentle stretching exercise that will prepare your body and mind for the day.
- Take out time for yourself: Often people are so occupied that they cannot even hear themselves think. You need peace and quiet environment to access your thoughts. Spend at least 10 minutes to 15 minutes each day alone with yourself in a peaceful way.
- Practise gratitude: Writing a gratitude journal is a simple, but powerful way to bring positivity to your life and nourish your soul. At first, you may find it difficult to write but with practice, you will get into a routine. The easiest way to maintain a gratitude journal is to fix a time of the day for it. For instance, write when you are having your morning tea or before going to bed.
- Spend time in nature: To spend time in nature, you do not have to plan a vacation to the hills. Just walking in the nearby park or sitting in your own backyard can bring a sense of calm and peace of mind. Just looking at the trees and flowers, walking on the grass, and soaking up some sunshine can help you relax, de-stress and heal your body, mind, and spirit.
- Be creative: Tapping into your creativity is a powerful way to cultivate and nourish your soul. There are many ways to be creative — you can write, paint, cook, do gardening, or photography. Engaging in creative pursuits daily helps you experience moments of joy and at the same time have fun.
- Create moments of joy: Do things that make you smile and feel good, even if it is only for a few minutes. Your little joyous moments could be playing with your pet, listening to music, or talking to your children.
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
Useful insights on entrepreneurship for retired defence personnel
November 28, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore