Creative outlets for seniors: check these useful insights curated by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
February 24, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
“The world is but a canvas to the imagination.” — Henry David Thoreau, American author and philosopher
By introducing creative activities into daily routine, seniors can improve their overall well-being and keep alive their sense of purpose. There are many activities that can help seniors channel their creative power into everyday life moments. As one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore, we share a few creative outlets that can help seniors get started:
- Art and crafts: There is nothing like the joy of creating tangible objects with the use of hands and imagination. Painting, colouring, origami, pottery, and jewellery making are some of the activities that seniors can take part in. These activities can be done in groups or solo. At our retirement homes in Bangalore, residents take part in different creative activities and the best artwork often makes it to our monthly journals.
- Gardening: Seeing the beautiful colours in blooms, smelling flowers and herbs, and listening to the chirping birds are some of the perks of pursuing gardening as a hobby. Seniors can find creative expression through digging and preparing the soil, planting saplings, and tending plants.
- Writing: Writing encourages seniors to think of new perspectives. Also, seniors can try their hand at creative writing through imaginative stories and descriptive language.
- Music: A traditional hobby, music is a great creative outlet that allows seniors to express themselves. Whether it is singing, playing a song on guitar or drumming, music in all its forms is intrinsically fulfilling. Seniors who love music can join a music class or group where they can learn and practise with like-minded people.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore
Want to spend your retirement life pursuing creative activities? Check out our retirement homes in Bangalore
At our senior living homes in Bangalore, we promote activities that help our residents focus on their mental, physical, and emotional well-being. From housekeeping and daily chores to maintenance work, everything is taken care of by our experienced in-house staff. This helps our residents enjoy a worry-free retirement life with freedom to focus on things that they enjoy the most. To know more about our senior living homes in Bangalore, call us at +91 8884555554 or book a virtual tour.
Relavent tags : retirement homes in Bangalore | senior living homes in Bangalore
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023