Easy gardening tips for seniors: useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
March 28, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Gardening is an enjoyable form of exercise. Gardening activities such as tilling soil, planting the seeds, and plucking the weeds out restore dexterity and strength and help seniors improve their motor skills. Besides physical benefits, gardening also offers many mental benefits. According to a study, exposure to nature through gardens and gardening activities can help seniors alleviate their stress levels and manage their emotions. As one of leading retirement homes in Bangalore, we share with you a few easy gardening tips for seniors:
- Warm up before gardening: Doing stretching exercises before gardening reduces the chances of sore muscles. Side bends, floor touches, and arm exercises are great for preparing the body for gardening tasks – they improve your strength, balance, and flexibility.
- Make your garden senior-friendly: Use brightly colored tools so that they are easy to find. Make sure that the walking paths have anti-slip tiles and are clear and well-lit. Seek help for activities that are physically demanding.
- Choose low-maintenance plants: There are no two ways that gardening is a good form of exercise, but plants require constant care. You can choose low maintenance plants such as aloe vera, snake plant, spider plant, and succulents. Before planting them, evaluate local weather conditions such as brightness and humidity levels.
- Use ergonomic gardening tools: The repeated motions involved in gardening can put strain on the joints. You can use ergonomic gardening tools with adjustable handles to avoid strain on the knees and back.
Looking for senior living homes in Bangalore?
Our retirement home in Bangalore will offer residents opportunities to hone their gardening skills. The senior living community will have beautifully designed gardens offering seniors a quiet and green place to spend time. Also, the gardens will have raised garden beds, suited for those who do not want to bend or prefer the comfort of their chair. To know more about The Virtuoso, Budigere, Bangalore, call us at +91 8884555554 or book a virtual tour.
Relavent tags : retirement homes in Bangalore | senior living homes in Bangalore
Tips for planning a safe and comfortable camping trip for seniors in India: useful insights by one of the leading retirement communities in India
May 29, 2023
How to use gratitude to cope with grief and loss in later life? Tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
May 28, 2023
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore