How can seniors use lighting to create the right ambience in their homes? Check out these useful tips by one of the senior homes in Bangalore
June 2, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Lighting plays a very important role in creating the right ambience. An overlooked feature, lighting can completely transform your home from a dull and uninviting space to a vibrant and welcoming one. For an ageing pair of eyes, the right lighting can make the home not just welcoming but also improve the quality of life. As one of the premium retirement homes in Bangalore, we share a few useful tips on how seniors can use lighting to create the right ambience in homes:
1. Embrace lighting layers: When you are creating a lighting plan for your home, it is important to acquaint yourself with three basic types of lighting:
- Ambient lighting: Also known as general lighting, it is used to brighten up spaces uniformly. The sources of ambient lighting are chandeliers and ceiling lights.
- Task lighting: If you love reading, knitting, quilting, painting, and participating in other skill-based activities that require focus and hand-eye coordination, install the right task lighting fixtures. Task lighting is used to illuminate a particular area to help you get your work done with clarity. A desk lamp is a source of task light.
- Accent lighting: This kind of lighting accentuates high points of your home and creates the desired mood. Use spotlights or downlights to highlight photos, artefacts, artwork, plants, or bookshelves. Accent lighting adds a glow, making the room look cosy.
2. Increase ambient light levels: With age, the eyes need more light to see things clearly. Ambient light illuminates the entire room. An ambient light source can be a chandelier or a tube light that disperses light all around the room.
Note: Besides adding more light fixtures, introduce mirrors, to amplify artificial and natural light.
3. Add dimmers: Installing dimmers on lighting fixtures gives you complete control over the amount of light you want. Keeping the light low for movie nights gives you the theatre experience and turning it up while reading increases convenience.
Looking for senior homes in Bangalore?
If you are looking for premium living spaces in Bangalore and searching online with these phrases ‘active senior living communities near me’, explore our senior living community in Bangalore. Our premium living spaces are aesthetically designed and ensure optimal comfort. We have four different apartment sizes for you to choose from. Our senior homes in Bangalore will have a clubhouse, rooftop bistro, restaurants, and swimming pool. To know more, book a virtual tour or call us at +918884555554.