Movies that show the beauty in ageing: List prepared by a senior living community in Bangalore
December 17, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Today’s seniors are not letting life pass by them. They live life to the fullest and do not let age come in their way of realising their dreams. Just like the real-life seniors, the portrayal of seniors on screen has also undergone a sea change. Studios are rethinking their outdated views on ageing and are making more films that show ageing in a positive light.
If you are looking for movies that capture the beauty in ageing, here is a list curated by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore:
- The Bucket List (English): The film captures the journey of two men suffering from cancer. Played by Morgan Freeman and Jack Nicholson, the two terminally ill men embark on a road trip to fulfil their last wishes. The film shows that the best way to live life is to be grateful for it and make sure that you are living each day with a purpose.
- 102 Not Out (Hindi): Sentimental and funny, the film explores the relationship between a 102-year-old father and his 75-year-old son. While the father has a joie-de-vivre demeanour, the son is grumpy. The son believes that he is too old to enjoy life while the case with the father is totally opposite. To make his son value life, the father threatens the son to send him to an elderly care home unless he fulfils his certain conditions. The aim of these conditions was to encourage the son to embrace life in a positive way. The journey of fulfilling these conditions is hilarious and at the same time insightful.
- KD (Tamil): As people grow old, they are expected to behave in certain ways by their children and society. However, this film presents a unique take on ageing and desires. 80-year-old Karuppu Durai (Mu Ramasamy) runs away from home when he discovers his family plans to get rid of him. With the help of an 8-year-old, whom he met after running, he tries to fulfil his child-like desires. The film creates an amazing contrast between KD and the child, KD always has a twinkle in his eyes while the child is too wise for his age.
- The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (English): The film is about British retirees who come to India to take residence in a hotel, which, to their disappointment is not as luxurious as advertised. Though the retirees do not get what they had initially wished for, they embrace life and learn to adjust to the new realities with vigour.
Senior living in Bangalore: Explore India’s first independent senior living community designed to international standards
At Columbia Pacific Communities, we believe that age is just a number. Our independent senior living community in Bangalore is India’s first senior living community designed to international standards and is ideal for seniors who wish to spend their golden years in the lap of luxury and comfort while pursuing their passions. Book a virtual tour to know more.
Relavent tags : independent senior living apartments | senior living Bangalore
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore