Solutions for Seniors Who Feel Lonely
July 14, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
As one of the leading senior citizen homes in Coimbatore, we share with you some ideas on how to beat loneliness:
- Consider volunteering: According to a study, volunteering helps in easing feelings of loneliness and social isolation. If your health allows, explore volunteering opportunities such as feeding the hungry, offering free tuition lessons to underprivileged children, and running a tree plantation drive.
- Join a hobby class: Joining a hobby class is a great way to hone your existing skills or explore hidden talents. Hobby classes are a great platform to keep yourself busy more productively and creatively. You also get to meet new people who share your interests.
- Use technology to connect: By using technology to your advantage, you can beat loneliness. You can stay in touch with your loved ones and reconnect with old friends and colleagues on social media. You can also join online classes or participate in online groups to meet new people with whom you may share similar interests. If you are new to smartphones or computers, there are many online workshops you can attend to understand the safe use of the internet and social media.
- Exercise: Exercising helps release endorphins, the feel-good hormones, that can help you beat feelings of loneliness. You can join an exercising group that will also give you opportunities to meet new people.
- Get a pet: Pets can be a great source of joy as they are affectionate and they make you laugh. There are several health benefits of having a pet. However, if it is not a practical option for you to have a pet, you can explore fostering. When you foster an animal, you look after it until it finds a permanent home. You can also check out pet visiting services for seniors in your area.
How can seniors boost their confidence? Useful insights by one of the leading retirement homes in India
December 1, 2023
Interesting and vibrant destinations for seniors who love travelling
November 29, 2023
Useful insights on entrepreneurship for retired defence personnel
November 28, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore