The Benefits of Playing Chess for Seniors
July 5, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
Chess demands total concentration, and this intense focus can be helpful to people of all ages. Seniors particularly can reap a wealth of benefits from playing it. As one of the leading retirement homes in Coimbatore, we share some of the benefits of playing chess for seniors:
- Helps improve memory: Playing chess is an excellent mental exercise as it involves tactics and strategies. You need to remember the complex rules before you make a move. As the game demands your total attention, your brain gets trained to be more focused and attentive. This active participation of the brain is a great way to push cognitive functions to work optimally, boost memory and keep your brain energised.
- Boosts critical thinking: Exercising the brain is a great way to keep it active. Since playing chess requires critical thinking, it stimulates the brain to function in a better way. If you play chess regularly, your brain gets its regular dose of workout that is good for your cognitive functions. Chess may help protect against cognitive impairment in an ageing brain.
- Offer great social opportunities: The nature of the game is such that you need a partner to play, which is a great way to socialise. There is nothing better than a good game to bond with friends, old and new. Friendships tend to get stronger if there is shared interest. You can teach your friend how to play if you are already familiar with the rules and moves. If you have friends who play chess, you can learn from them. Either way, it is a nice way to get along with people.
- Fun way to relieve stress: Chess is a fun and interesting game because it always requires new strategies to master winning moves. While playing chess, you are completely immersed, and your brain thinks of nothing but the game. Hence, it is a great way to relax your mind and distract yourself from any ongoing life issues.
At our senior citizen homes in Coimbatore, we have a clubhouse with facilities for indoor games such as chess, table tennis, and carrom. Our residents can play friendly matches and have a good time with their friends. If you are looking for senior citizen homes and wish to know the monthly cost of our apartments, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Retirement homes in Coimbatore | senior citizen homes in Coimbatore
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023
Useful insights on soothing music for seniors
May 26, 2023
Why is Puducherry one of the best retirement destinations in India?
May 25, 2023
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore