Tips to Make Creativity Part of Everyday Life: Curated by a Leading Senior Retirement Home in Chennai
August 20, 2021
Categories : Senior Living Tips
What is the key to living a long and happy life? According to Maggy Pigott, author of “How to Age Joyfully,” it is finding your creative flow. Creative activities can improve overall well-being and keep alive a sense of purpose in life. Being creative is not just important for young ones but also for seniors. There are several ways you can rekindle creativity every day.
As one of the leading senior retirement homes in Chennai, we share some useful tips to make creativity a part of everyday life:
- Try journaling: Journaling is a great way to express yourself. Expressive writing has been linked to improved mood and reduced stress levels. You can recall a certain incident and write about it or create a new world and fill it with characters you love. Journaling not only helps people express themselves better, but also helps to overcome negative emotions.
- Create a vision board: Vision boards are a great way to channel your inner creativity. You can simply create a collage of things you like or your aspirations. It could be about places that you will like to visit or hobbies that you wish to pursue. The process of making a vision board is so enjoyable that it will transport you to your school days. You can make unlimited use of colours, chart papers, and magazine cutouts to make your vision board. Spread your vision board project over 7 to 10 days so that you enjoy the process of creating it every day.
- Unplug: With constant social media notifications, calls, emails, texts, and other distractions, sometimes it can be difficult to spend time with the most important person in your life —- that is you. Set aside your devices for specific hours of the day. Dedicate this time to find your creative flow.
- Start doodling: Your brain can be highly creative when you doodle. It can be done anywhere and at any time, and all you need is a piece of paper and a pen. Doodling helps people remember information and offers much-needed respite from the loads of information they wade through. Learn drawing some basic shapes and watch a couple of tutorial videos – and you will be ready to create interesting art.
- Try meditation: The benefits of meditation are manifold. Besides calming your mind, meditation also promotes creative thinking. When your mind is in a relaxed state, it promotes divergent thinking. Innovators such as Bill Gates and Steve Jobs have said that meditation has helped them pay attention to their inner thoughts
- Make it musical: Music offers many benefits and one of them is divergent thinking — a key element of creative thinking. A study suggests that listening to happy music promotes creativity. To keep yourself feeling inspired creatively, listen to music every day.
Looking for senior retirement homes in Chennai?
If you are looking for senior living communities, explore our retirement homes in Chennai that have an active social calendar. We conduct a wide range of social events, outings, and wellness activities that are designed to nurture the creative side of our residents. From cultural events and language classes to art classes – there are plenty of opportunities for our residents to pursue creativity.
To find more about our retirement homes, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : retirement homes in Chennai | senior retirement homes Chennai