Gift ideas to promote health and happiness in seniors
February 26, 2022
Categories : Senior Living Tips
It is not always easy to find the perfect gifts for seniors as they have accumulated so many things over the years. Rather than gifting the seniors in your life yet another showpiece that will sit on the shelf, give them gifts that will make their lives easier, healthier, and happier. Whether you are looking for a birthday, holiday, or retirement gift, here are a few gift ideas that are likely to promote health and happiness in seniors:
- Preloaded music player: With CDs and cassettes becoming passe, seniors often struggle to keep up with the modern technology and devices. There are many preloaded music players available in the market that are easy to operate. Setting up the player is a one-time process and once that is done, seniors can enjoy the pre-loaded songs. You can also check this informative read on how music benefits seniors emotionally as well as physically.
- Wearable medical alert and fall detection system: If your loved one lives alone, a wearable medical alert and fall detection system can be a thoughtful gift. Wearable devices equipped with motion sensors can detect falls. Also, some devices come with a call button that seniors can press to immediately seek medical help,
- Digital photo frames: For many seniors, there is nothing like going through family photos and reliving the happier times. A digital photo frame helps seniors feel connected with their special moments from the past.
- Meal delivery service: Eating nutritious food is important for seniors to maintain good health. However, many seniors struggle to cook. To help them enjoy delicious and healthy home-cooked meals, you can subscribe to meal delivery services on their behalf. You can find many online catering services that offer healthy meals that meet the nutritional needs of the seniors.
- Activity boxes: There are many activity boxes that are designed for adults and include colouring books, puzzles, and word search books. Here is a list of creative activities that help seniors cope with stress and find their purpose in life again.
- Activities For Seniors Citizens
- Ageing Tips
- Average cost of retirement home per month
- Birthday parties at retirement homes
- 15 Meaningful Things to Do After Retirement
- 5 common fears that elderly people face
- 5 Must-Read Travel Books for Seniors
- 6 Awesome Travel Videos That Seniors Who Love Travelling Must Watch
- 6 books to enjoy with your grandkids: check the list curated by one of the leading senior citizen homes in Bangalore
Senior community living in Bangalore – where positive ageing is the focus.
If you are looking for vibrant retirement communities for your parents or loved ones, explore our senior citizen retirement homes in Bangalore. To know more about life at The Virtuoso, Budigere Cross, Bangalore, India’s first independent senior living community designed to international standards, call us at +91 8884555554 or book a virtual tour.
Relavent tags : community living in Bangalore | senior citizen retirement homes in Bangalore
Tips for planning a safe and comfortable camping trip for seniors in India: useful insights by one of the leading retirement communities in India
May 29, 2023
How to use gratitude to cope with grief and loss in later life? Tips by one of the leading retirement homes in Bangalore
May 28, 2023
Best travel destinations in India for seniors who love adventure : check the list by one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore
May 27, 2023