Looking for a Senior Living Community in Bangalore? Average Cost of Retirement Home and Other Factors to Consider
August 19, 2021
Categories : Community Living Tips
Bangalore is considered to be one of the best retirement cities in India. The city is blessed with pleasant weather and a rich social and cultural heritage. There are many retirement homes in Bangalore and zeroing in on the right one can be a difficult decision.
Factors to consider when selecting a senior living community in Bangalore
It is important to understand all the important factors, including the location and average cost of the retirement home, to find the right senior living community.
As one of the leading senior living communities in Bangalore, we share with you a few important factors to consider when looking for a retirement home:
- Mission and purpose: When searching for a retirement home, understand the purpose of the operators of the senior living community. At Columbia Pacific Communities, we aim to offer a combination of hospitality, real estate, and wellness.
- Location: The choice of location depends on many factors. While some people want proximity to family, others look for serenity amidst city life. Prioritise your needs and then choose accordingly.
- Access to entertainment: Watching the latest movies, meeting friends over lunch or dinner, are some of the many things that seniors love doing. Find a senior living community that is well-connected to the entertainment hubs in your city.
- Amenities: The concept of retirement homes has taken on new dimensions with many senior living homes offering modern facilities. At our senior living homes, you will find a host of facilities such as a clubhouse with Wi-Fi, a library with computer and internet access, indoor games facility, a jogging track, an aerobics deck, a restaurant, a banquet hall, and a salon.
- Senior-friendly rooms: Make sure that the senior living apartments have safety features such as panic buttons and handrails installed at the appropriate places.
- Emergency response: Good retirement homes have 24X7 ambulances and on-site emergency medical facilities. Also, the staff members are well-trained to handle emergency situations.
- Security: At good senior living homes, you should expect the common areas to be monitored by CCTV cameras 24*7. Also, the exits and entrances are manned by trained security personnel.
- Social activities: From cultural programmes and art workshops to festival celebrations, social activities help promote a sense of belongingness. It is important to check the social calendar of a senior living community before choosing one.
- Average cost of retirement home: Many retirement homes offer services such as daily housekeeping, meals, maintenance of electrical and plumbing work, laundry service, and concierge. It is important for you to check the monthly average cost for these services.
- Resident feedback: One of the best ways to evaluate a senior living community is by speaking directly with the residents themselves.
Senior living in Bangalore – finding the right community
Living in our retirement homes in Bangalore will give you the freedom to enjoy your retirement life the way you want. Housekeeping and maintenance services ensure that you spend your days doing things that you enjoy. To know more about our facilities, call us at +91 8884555554.
Relavent tags : Average cost of Retirement home | senior living Bangalore